Oryon offers innovative, personalised healthcare that is affordable, straightforward and convenient.
Our services are delivered by a dedicated and approachable team in a friendly and professional environment that inspires confidence and reassures patients.
By providing opportunities for networking and collaboration between healthcare professionals, we strive to make healthcare provision more innovative, flexible and efficient.About the role
Oryon Imaging has established an exceptional reputation within the diagnostic imaging sector throughout the years. We are proud to be the first-choice imaging centre for thousands of reputable practitioners in the field. We strive for efficiency and innovation.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Senior X-Ray Radiographer to join our dedicated and enthusiastic team. Reporting to the Imaging Lead, you will provide customer-focused, high quality diagnostic radiography service and be the radiation protection supervisor for the centre.
This role is an opportunity to join the company led by innovation and determination to show the way to better health; through the services of Oryon Imaging, Oryon Develop and Oryon Connect.Responsibilities
- To oversee radiation protection for the centre.
- To work alongside the Imaging Lead in reviewing X-Ray policies, local rules, risk assessments and dose reports.
- To participate in the quarterly Clinical Governance Meetings.
- To monitor and record radiation dose rates.
- Undertake all imaging procedures in line with existing modality specific guidelines and protocols; in accordance with best practice (IRR 2017, IRMER 2018), CQC standards, SOR and RCR guidelines
- To justify medical exposures using the Department's IR(ME)R Examination Protocols to ensure a safe effective x-ray service to all patients.
- To produce good quality diagnostic images in-keeping with the ALARA principle
- Ensure safe use and maintenance of specialist imaging equipment, adhering to safety policies and procedures and local rules, reporting any problems to the Imaging Lead, Centre Manager and/or engineering support
- To provide expertise to ensure the appropriate triage, booking and examination of patients.
- To oversee training of radiographers in the operation of X-ray machinery and adherence to local protocols, DRL's and MUD's
- Accurate data entry on to Radiology Information (RIS) and Picture Archive (PACS) systems.
- Identify and report any risk which has a potential adverse effect on Oryon Imaging's ability to maintain quality of care and the safety of patients, staff and visitors.
- To investigate and report any radiation incidents to the RPA
- Run Quality Assurance checks on equipment, and action as appropriate
- Comply with legislative and clinical policies and procedure, ensuring patient safety- particularly relating to Radiation Protection for both adult and paediatric patients
- Take part in departmental audits in accordance with clinical governance policies
The ideal candidate will be a qualified and experienced X-Ray radiographer passionate about high quality care. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to empathise with patients. A high level of IT competency and literacy skills are also essential.
You'll pay attention to detail and take pride in your adaptability, competence and professionalism. You'll be able to exhibit confidentiality, discretion and trustworthiness.
You'll share Oryon's values and will be excited to lead the team in the pursuit of achieving our mission.Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Radiography or equivalent
- HCPC Registration
- Proven experience in healthcare and patient-focused services
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in plain film radiography
- Experience and relevant qualification as RPS
- Proven knowledge of IR(ME)R regulations, Health and Safety, Infection Control and Clinical Governance
- Professional and cooperative attitude towards patients, customers and colleagues of all levels
- Ability to prioritise workload, manage time effectively and use initiative as a senior member of staff
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent literacy skills
- A high level of IT competency
- Confidentiality, discretion and trustworthiness
This is not a restrictive list of duties and all team members may be required to carry out additional tasks within their capability. We offer a generous holiday allowance of 27 days and an excellent benefits package including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance and private healthcare cover. Our Vision and Mission
Oryon's vision, and therefore the driving force behind everything we do, is to become the go-to place for affordable, private diagnostic and preventative healthcare in the UK.
Our mission is threefold.
Firstly, to provide the quickest, most affordable and personalised healthcare available, through the services of Oryon Imaging and Oryon Connect.
Secondly, for Oryon Develop to become the leading voice for expertise within the wellness sector, a place where both healthcare professionals and the public can engage with the latest healthcare and wellbeing content.
And finally, to encourage and inspire our colleagues to embrace and contribute to the innovation-led culture that is at the heart of everything Oryon stands for.