We presently have an opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join us as a Controls Systems Engineer based at our largest Greencore site in Northampton.
Who are we
You may not have heard of us, but we're sure you've tried our products. We're a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,500 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all of the UK's food retailers with everything from sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Our 6.5 acre Northampton site, has a team of around 2,700 colleagues. We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, baguettes, rolls, sushi and the new range of salads for M&S.
What you'll be doing
You will Provide subject matter expertise to all manufacturing unit personnel for all control systems in operation, ensuring that the manufacturing infrastructure is maintained and developed in line with the business requirements.
- Scheduling and completing regular maintenance of manufacturing unit systems to ensure that they are up to date and operate to the appropriate code of practice
- Developing robust infrastructure control systems and building front line capability to ensure routine problem solving is actioned by the operators
- Designing fit for purpose systems and training to build employee fault finding and enhance the engineering team capability
- Maintaining all IT solutions to the manufacturing infrastructure systems in order to ensure integration into the business systems network
- Maintaining an archive of control systems information ensuring accuracy, validity and availability for all members of the engineering team
- Collaborating and communicating with engineers and production staff when completing project work to enhance production efficiency, effectiveness and operational understanding
- Liaising with suppliers on a regular basis to ensure best practice/best technology is achieved with reference to Group Engineering standard guidelines
- Developing and implementing the required technology to increase reliability and efficiency of machinery; identify obsolescence and future risks for process and product change
What we're looking for
- An electrically biased Engineer
- Knowledge of sensors and electronic interfacing
- PLC programming experience
- Knowledge of industrial networks, e.g. Ethernet IP
- Basic IT knowledge, e.g. new software or drivers installation
- Good knowledge of testing and experience with control systems
- An understanding of Cognex cameras and barcode readers
This is a days only role with a 4 on 4 off shift pattern
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- Generous annual leave
- Pension up to 8% matched company contributions, up to 4x life assurance
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career