Salary: Up to £45,000 /yearAbout Calls9
Calls9 launches innovative and cutting edge cloud-based web apps, mobile apps and digital experiences for some of the biggest companies in the world. We are passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on delivering high quality solutions and have fun doing it. We don't just deliver technology, we deliver technology that makes a difference and provides real value for our customers.
There are two divisions to the business:
- Calls9 Digital has produced branding, websites and apps for a wide range of customers from start-ups to established companies across numerous sectors incuding MarTech, FinTech and HealthTech.
- Calls9 LegalTech is a leading player in legal disruption and we support over 10,000 legal professionals worldwide, utilising both our technology and consultancy to do this.
We love what we do and don't mind an accolade or three!
- Prolific North named us in the Top 30 Tech Companies to Watch in the North
- Tech North (now Tech Nation) short-listed Calls9 for their Northern Stars Award
- One of our projects was short-listed for KPMG's Best British Mobile Start-up Award
We are looking for individuals that want to join our team and really make a difference by helping to create and drive forward the products and services that Calls9 offers.
We aren't looking for people that want to code within a big team on projects so large any work they do disappears. We want developers that can create, add and improve our products and services, enhancing capability and usability directly for all our customers.
You will work with a compact and motivated development team in an agile and JIRA driven environment, where innovation and personal learning are a requirement and part of the culture. This might mean learning a new language, building interactive chat bots, developing complex single page applications or shipping cross platform mobile apps.
If you have extensive front-end experience and want to be responsible for driving innovation in our products and services we want to hear from you.
If this is what you already do, or sounds like a way to break out of that larger team into a role that's motivational, then please reach out to us.
We're constantly innovating and pushing boundaries and we need the brightest minds to join us on this journey. Come and be part of a successful and growing digital business in the heart of Leeds, with an enviable customer set and an exciting future ahead.
- 3-5 years of commercial front-end development experience with Angular 2+ using TypeScript.
- Understanding of the front-end development lifecycle.
- Experience with Node Package Manager (NPM).
- Experience with Syntactically Awesome Style Sheets (Sass).
- Experience with HTML + CSS 3.
- A keen eye for implementing complex designs that work responsively.
- A rigorous approach to testing to ensure creative and functional quality assurance.
- Experience in consuming data from third-party APIs.
- Knowledge of RESTful principles.
- Good Apache and nginx knowledge.
- Strong working knowledge of Git and GitHub.
- Proficient working with terminal commands.
- Comfortable attending customer meetings and communicating with customers directly.
Skills and Abilities
- Ionic 2+ experience.
- Webpack experience.
- AWS experience.
- Node.js experience.
- JIRA environment experience.
Duties and Tasks
- Are able to work in research and development, advancing the Calls9 software.
- Can identify, locate and interpret complex information.
- Are focused on delivery and are flexible and adaptable.
- Can escalate and prioritise with a sense of urgency and work to tight deadlines.
- Can work autonomously with limited direction.
- Understand confidentiality.
- Can work in a project managed environment working inside JIRA.
- Have effective time management skills to make best use of time and resources.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Can establish and maintain good relationships with colleagues.
- Learn and understand the current systems and codebase within the business from the current team.
- Support the wider Calls9 development team.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure high quality customer delivery.
- Improve and build coding systems to drive efficiency and effectiveness within the codebase.
- Burn down a combination of customer tasks and internal tasks based on priority.
- Ensure the smooth final delivery and go live of your specific projects as required.
- Have the ability to step into the shoes of any of the development team for customer-facing activity (including attending customer meetings / communicating directly with customers when necessary).
- Up to £45,000 /year.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Quarterly bonus opportunities.
- Monthly team lunches - whether your favourite food is Pizza, Thai, Mexican, we always enjoy an afternoon off every month to socialise and enjoy ourselves after a month's hard work.
- Quarterly team days out - This is beyond just a casual beer and bite to eat, we have been tank paintballing, have taken on The Crystal Maze and are always open to suggestions for what we do next.
- £500 towards professional learning and development each year. Whether this is a Pluralsight subscription, training course or tech event we are keen to help you shape your growth and development within Calls9.
- 12 dedicated learning days per year. As the company is enjoying growth, we want to help you grow too.