At Anaplan, we are looking for a self-motivated SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
to join our growing team of global engineers at our vibrant tech hub in Kings Cross London, UK
to build and ship award-winning, cloud planning technology that is helping people and companies around the world every day to make better-informed plans and decisions.
You will join a team of individuals who embrace and respect diverse perspectives, aren't afraid to push boundaries and try new ideas, and are passionate about helping our customers and each other succeed. We work hard, but we also don't wait for an excuse to have fun. In fact, we're so serious about it that it's one of our core values.
Located in a stunning, modern building overlooking the Regent's Canal, our London office is set in the beautiful Kings Place. With a rooftop terrace, wrap around windows and within walking distance to plenty of great food options, you are set up to not only do great work but be in an environment that is inspiring. We are a remote workforce at present due to COVID-19
and will remain so until January and being reviewed regularly.What You'll Be Doing
More About You
- Contributing to the design and implementation of software, including components for managing communication between client and server, server components for importing and exporting data, design and optimisation of data structures for massive in memory storage
- Writing documents to record design decisions and implementation details
- Writing automated unit and integration tests
- Providing technical support for systems in production
You have a genuine passion for software engineering, a respect for the development process and a firm desire to help improve software that you work on. You thrive in an environment that deeply values collaboration, feedback, and learning.
You believe quality is something we all take ownership of, and write high quality, testable code. You have experience using Test Driven Development and want to make use of that experience. You can apply agile development principles and push for modern best practices in software development and deployment.
The core language for this role is Java and we are looking for exceptional engineers with in-depth experience in high performance multi-threaded distributed systems written in Java. We also require expertise in JVM performance tuning, large heaps and Garbage Collection.
Additionally, we are looking for really smart, passionate people who believe in simplicity, agility and performance and can choose and use the best tools for the job.Technologies We Work With
- Kubernetes, Docker
- AWS, GCP, Azure
- Kotlin, Rust
What We Offer
- Experience working with containers and container-orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes, especially for performance sensitive applications
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Hands on experience using and configuring CI/CD tools
- A passion for applying DevOps to make projects run faster and smoother by automating key steps and improving operational efficiency and standardization
- Truly flexible working - we are happy to discuss any working arrangement and can usually agree to any reasonable pattern.
- A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity and understands the need for a good work/life balance.
- Market-leading salaries combined with equity, generous bonuses, and a comprehensive range of benefits.
- 3 days of paid leave every year to help support the charity or cause of your choice.
- Huge problems to solve - you will constantly be learning and pushing boundaries, working with some of the smartest people around!
Do you align with Anaplan's Values?Collaborative: We go out of our way to help others succeed
Explore all of our Values on Anaplan.com/careers
We're building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We're addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mould, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems. Anaplan's Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time.
With 1200+ customers and 175+ partners globally, Anaplan's platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agree-Anaplan is changing the way the world does business.
Learn about our history, see our recognitions and achievements, and take a look at what it's like to work at Anaplan.
Get to know more about working at Anaplan by checking out our social channels.