Lead the Localisation Post-production Producer team to deliver adaptation projects
Ensuring profitable delivery from all members of the team you lead
- Lead the team of Localisation Producers as they plan and deliver post-production and adaptation / versioning projects for global clients directly and where we work with agency teams.
- Oversee delivery of adaptation & versioning projects by the Producer team, working closely with the Head of Production EMEA to align on best practice and knowledge.
- Continue to undertake and lead key adaptation, production and post-production projects.
- Development of delivery models to for existing and new localisation clients through our office locations, our supply chain and delivery partners.
- Responsible for documenting processes and ways of working for new and exisiting customers.
- Manage and source required supply partners requried for the delivery of localisation, agreeing rate cards and SLAs.
Reporting and forecasting information
- Educate, encourage and check that all projects are delivered to the maximum profitability possible and that all chargeable elements are correctly costed / billed - with regular refreshers, reminders, reviews and new staff training to ensure this is always the case.
- Consolidate and ensure accuracy of management information including production activity, financials and resourcing information coming from the Producer teams.
Senior agency engagement & discussion:
- A key element of this role will be to lead on the understanding of requirements, timings and deliverables for post-production on the campaigns and projects we are briefed on - working with client and agency account teams.
- Joining relevant pre-production meetings and inputting to ensure full sight of needs, that our interests are made clear and all parameters / deliverables understood.
Resource management & project allocation:
- Working with agency Head of Production EMEA, Head of Client Services (HOCS) & Business Directors to identify new opportunities and promote localisation across new agency clients.
- Feeding into Head of Client Services for relevant case studies
- Working with Finance Director to define what time/effort and which resource level is required to shape pricing responses
- Work with COO and regional heads to shape how to resource delivery model for localisation teams
Work in partnership with the lead technical post-production:
- You will forecast workloads and to ensure that our resource base is able to deliver against it with the approproiate mix of FTE and freelancer.
- You will ensure that you regulalry work with your peers to load balance across our London & EMEA offices where common resource is found, as this is critical to achieving profitability.
- Equally we use our off-shore post-production and production hubs in Kiev & Cape Town to stay agile and drive margin. You will work daily with our teams in these locations to deliver projects and you will be expected to form strong relationships to ensure work flows smoothly across our network and margins are optimised.
- You will need to work closely with the Managing Editors and Senior Editors (most senior editorial staff in our business) to gather their inputs, share back requirements and support them in managing all the technical elements of the work that they oversee.
Note - you should be very familiar with all post-production processes, roles and technologies with a clear knowledge of how and when they are used to complete edit, VfX, 3D, Compositing, Colour Grading etc. Production project ID & planning:
Such projects are typically:
- We undertake various (small) production projects - a service we need to manage and that we wish to expand upon.
- For such projects you will lead discussions with clients for larger briefs (alongside the CreativeDrive Head of Production and relevant live action Producers) and oversee tha handover to the relevant producers.
- You will identify larger projects with existing clients.
Key scene shoots for major global commercials we will adapt - i.e. the agency shoots the main spot, we then shoot key scenes to be adapted as we are then in control of all the post-prod supervision / alt pack / alt cast etc. Such project vary from £20k to £200k. Content productions - £5k - £50k
o Talking heads
o Corporate comms
o Social media content
o Online content
o Product launch
Note - Production experience is important. We seek to drive this service offer forward for photo and video projects and to discuss the production process knowledgably with creative agency teams when planning for localisation. Staff development & issue resolution:
As Managing Producer of the Post-production unit you will work alongside the Senior Producers, Managing & Senior Editors to line manage teams and ensure personal development / issue management.Qualifications:Technical skills / Experience
We are looking for a Executive Producer with proven skills, experience and a high level of competency, as per the below.
· Excellent knowledge and experience of production / post-production / international versioning & adaptation processes.
· Experience managing post-production teams and projects
· Excellent client relationship skills
· Experience onboarding new clients
· Excellent and proven project management skills
· Problem solving, negotiation and the ability to express and articulate complex information in a straight forward way.
· Strong commercial and numeracy skills.
· Technically confident with all common TV & digital moving image formats, codecs, audio files etc.
· Awareness of post-production applications, i.e. Avid, Premier, After Effects, 3DS Max, Nuke etc.
· Strong TV admin understanding - Usage rights; media schedule
fulfillment, play-out process etc.
· Knowledge of delivery systems: i.e. Adstream, Beam, IMD, Honeycomb etc.
· Awareness of talent use and regulatory clearance processes across international markets
· Experience of working with global partner suppliers to cast and run VO sessions recordings / negotiate talent usages etc.
· Comfortable with global broadcast specs Personal Attributes:
· You should show patience, support, decision making skills and an interest in developing yourself as a leader.
· We seek a calm, intelligent individual who leads by example and shares our cultural values - hard work, in a fun environment with very high standards.
You will need to demonstrate that you are:
· A good team player, including sharing knowledge with team members and help with their development.
· Have excellent skills in data analysis & presentation.
· Process orientated with focus on adapting to change.
· Level headedness and judgement and with a good sense of humour!
· Willing and able to lead and help develop people around you.
· Business IT competent including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Core personal competencies we look for:
· Excellent communications on all levels.
· Attention to detail and using Information effectively to be highly organised.
· Well-planned and in-control.
· Delivers results.
· Provides excellent customer service .
· Good influencing skills.
· Open to change and making change stick.
· Helps others to learn & thrive.
· Knows when to seek support and guidance of others.Experience:
· Min 6-8 years' experience in managing post-production projects and teams.
· 10 years' experience working in Post Production, specifically within the Localisation/ Reversioning of content
· Experience managing and developing a teamSalary, Holiday & Benefits:
· Salary depending on experience.
· Standard working hours: 9:00am - 17:30pm, inc. a one-hour lunch break.
· Regular place of work will be in West London.
· Employee is entitled to 25 working days as holiday leave, to be booked in and approved in advance, life Insurance, pension scheme and benefits platform which offers discounts.