As a Dev Ops Engineer you will be responsible for delivering and supporting AWS environment, view a to automate all areas of Crabtree and Evelyn's Infrastructure platform with a cloud first policy where utilising Saas, Paas, Iaas. Designing Crabtree & Evelyn's as infrastructure as a code. This would be greenfield platform and automation would be key to the success.
Making complex systems scalable and more reliable. Constantly implementing automation configuration where possible to increase efficiency. Executing tests to check and evaluate systems and software.
- Perform a role in managing, maintaining and developing AWS and Azure cloud environments ensuring they are secure and conform to best practice.
- AWS technologies: EC2 Instances, AMI, AWS CLI, VPC, VPC peering and Transit Gateway
- Authentication Services: Active Directory Azure AD
- Messaging and Collaboration Services: Office365, Teams, SharePoint, Teams , Slack
- Maintain and support key infrastructure services including: Virtualisation platforms: VMware Hyper- V, Cisco Meraki Platform Virtual and Physical
- Development of CI/CD processes, Terraform, Chef and AWS DevOps processes
- Produce design documentation for Cloud solutions services.
- Build pipelines and develop infrastructure as a code for migrating applications.
- Responsible for aiding replacement of manual processes with automation.
- Collaborate and build tools that enable teams to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
- Resolve problems at their root with simple and repeatable solutions.
- Provide guidance to the wider IT team, on best practice
- Providing in depth technical documentation and peer reviews for Developers and engineers.
- Enable automated monitoring and resolution on all aspects of Crabtree & Evelyn platform.
- Resolution of issues with Development application, Deployment applications, Infrastructure, and Network.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve AWS related issues independently.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve Meraki Network related issues independently.
- Familiarity with containers such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Multiple project experience in network engineering and security principles (e.g. protocols, routing, switching, filtering, firewall rules, etc.)
- Multiple implementation with Python, Ruby or PowerShell.
- Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, or TeamCity.
- Pipeline builds, release packaging and artefact management.
- Configuration management software like Chef or Puppet.
- Developing Infrastructure as code using Terraform, ARM, Ansible.
- An understanding of static and dynamic security testing tools
- Work closely and build relationships with 3rd party suppliers and vendors.
- Support and Participate in scheduled Disaster Recovery events.
- As required, provide representation for Infrastructure Support changes at the weekly/daily CAB.
- Ensure other team's changes do not have an impact on the delivery of the infrastructure services.
- Knowledge and experience of managing and developing AWS infrastructure deployments including security, identity, compliance management, networking and cost management.
- Experience of migrating on premise applications and services to public cloud.
- Ability to cross-train and up-skill team members on cloud technologies
- Knowledge and experience of supporting enterprise on-premise infrastructure environments and services detailed in the essential operational function.
- Ability to plan and implement technical changes without unexpected disruption to the service and with minimal oversight.
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills
- Experience in working with ITSM ticket systems and an understanding of priorities and SLA's.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework (understanding of Incident, Problem, Change)