Vacancy: Occupational Hygienist
Job family: EHS.
Johnson Matthey currently have an opportunity for an Occupational Hygienist to join our EHS team in Enfield. The Occupational Hygienist will assist the Senior Occupational Hygienist on all matters relating to the management of Occupational Hygiene within our PGMS facility.
The main purpose of the role of to provide the exposure assessment and reporting activities required to ensure that our staff are adequately protected against chemical and physical hazards in the workplace.
Johnson Matthey ('JM') is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers' products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet's natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
Platinum Group Metal Services (PGMS) is one of four businesses within the Efficient Natural Resources Sector that manages, distributes, refines and recycles precious metals and fabricates products using precious metals and related materials. The business unit also manufactures platinum group metals, minor metal compounds, organometallics and fine metal powders for high technology applications, as well as providing a range of management services for platinum group metals.
Key responsibilities· Undertake surveys / assessments and evaluate risks to health in the workplace
· Accurately measure and sample levels of exposure, through precise use of specialist equipment
· To prepare and analyse samples submitted by approved procedure with due regard to required accuracy, precision and delivery times
· To ensure work is performed at minimum cost by making efficient use of time, equipment and materials
· Compile data, perform statistical analysis, write reports and present findings to all levels of the business
· Liaise with a range of people, including employers and employees, in the process of evaluating workplaces
· Maintenance of Occupational Hygiene Laboratory and equipment
· Co-ordinate calibration of Occupational Hygiene Equipment
· Conduct training as appropriate
· Maintenance of COSHH assessments and COSHH assessment system
· Support departments with regards to COSHH Assessments
· Conducting face fit testing and liaise with PPE monthly inspection provider
· Maintain occupational hygiene records
· To ensure all regulations with regard to EHS and security are strictly observed
· Undertake exposure improvement activities
· To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have/be:
· Previous experience working as an Occupational Hygiene Technician or Occupational Hygienist
· Certificate of Occupational Hygiene (BOHS or equivalent)
· Experience with chemical exposure monitoring
· Experience with using difference respiratory and protective equipment with different chemicals