Supporting the AP Compliance Manager, the AP Reconciliations Coordinator is to look after the processes and coordinate the output, completion and quality of the Reconciliations team within the Accounts Payable function (based in Manchester). The role incorporates coordinator responsibilities of a team as per the organisation chart that will be made available.
The individual will work closely with the Accounts Payable Manager to coordinate and maintain the Reconciliation teams workload and ensure the best internal and external customer experience is given by the function, meeting agreed SLA's and KPI's.
A self-motivated individual, they will also be subject matter expert in Accounts Payable and the full purchase to pay cycle, have the ability to demonstrate reliability, flexibility, initiative and role model behaviours to the team.Key Responsibilities
- Working with the AP Compliance Manager, assist in coordinating the Reconciliations team in line with the processes as detailed below:
- Ensure key supplier account reconciliations are carried out accurately and timely on a regular basis, balancing critical accounts, holding meetings with different levels of the organisation.
- Maintain, coordinate and control the AP suspense account to agreed process and SLA
- Maintain, coordinate and control the credit balances to agreed process and SLA
- 1st bank mandate sign off/approval of all payments to agreed process and SLA
- Bring continuous improvement to processes and role
- Liaison with the Account Management (Query Hub) team for information sharing with suppliers
- Working with the AP Compliance Manager to assist with:
- Deliver and maintain a strategy programme for the Reconciliations team, linking to the overall department objectives
- Review procedures in line with the service delivery and best practice
- Assist the AP Compliance Manager in the resource requirements for the team under remit
- Deliver KPIs to monitor performance, highlighting and therefore improving results for the Reconciliation team
- Report KPI performance
- Misc reporting/ad-hoc projects
- Assist with cross over tasks and team leadership with the other AP teams
ExperienceSkills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Coordinate clear objectives in line with company/Divisional/team strategy and to measure performance against these
- Hold regular team meetings and support team members in training through probationary, interim and annual appraisals as per company guidelines
- To adhere to all company processes with regards to people management and to role model professional behaviours at all times
- Minimum 5+ years involvement with working in AP, (preferable 2 years senior of an AP function)
- CIS experience preferable
- Proven experience of dealing with internal / external clients at all levels
- Detailed experience and knowledge of business process / procedures and change management
- Experience in multi-disciplined functions
People, process and team development experience, able to evidence
- Proven ability to develop skills and enable personal and professional growth of individuals
- Able to delegate effectively for maximum results
- A motivator, able to create successful team working and individual performance and engagement
- Experience of successful conflict management and performance management
- Subject matter expert in Accounts Payable and full understanding of Purchase to Pay
- Relevant finance qualifications is desirable
- Strong analytical & IT skills
Skills and Knowledge
- Possesses vision and is able to develop complex strategies and solutions
- Excellent relationship builder to generate business
- Focussed: commits to challenging goals and delivers consistently against these
- Cost management: financial and commercial acumen with excellent planning, budgeting and operational reporting skills
- Continuous improvement: delivers efficiency in addition to effectiveness
- Self-starter, who relishes challenges and strives for the best
- Strong team player: builds relationships and consults with others, quickly establishes trust and credibility
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong conflict management skills
- Robust and prepared to lead from the front
- Diplomatic and challenging with the ability to influence others
- Confident with a positive outlook
- Strong decision maker who gives assurance
- Ethical with strong integrity
- Someone who has innate curiosity and is eager to experiment and push the boundaries of what is possible
Please note, we will use your personal data to respond to your application. For further details, or to view our Privacy Notice or Group Equality & Diversity policy, see our website - savills.co.uk.
Savills is a Disability Confident Committed Employer.
Savills is an accredited Living Wage Employer.
Savills is a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champion programme - ensuring all LGBTQ+ staff are accepted without exception in the workplace.