The Account Handler role will be responsible for maintaining and developing relationships with existing and prospective clients and insurers. You will be able to provide clients with professional service in line with company service levels and be able to work with the wider team to ensure renewal retention remains in line with company expectations and that new business opportunities are followed-up on in an efficient manner.
The successful candidate will have a background in Insurance with a good understanding of the key providers and the product classes of business and property insurances. With the drive to succeed and excellent communications skills, they will be able to manage clients effectively, work closely with cross-functional teams and with Account Executives and Directors on larger cases within the business and champion the business strategy. An eye for detail and attention to accuracy will be crucial.Who we are
Churchill Insurance Consultants are a chartered and independently owned insurance brokerage who have been established in North London for 40 years. We have a friendly but professional culture with a young and dynamic leadership team with a clear focus on personal development, as well as being part of the BHL Group with our other offices based in Leicester, Northampton and Maidstone.
- Maintaining revenue by retaining an existing book of commercial and property insurances businesses with the help of senior members of the team
- Sound knowledge of Commercial & Property business to be able to consult with clients and provide bespoke solutions if necessary. The key lines of business will be Commercial Combined, Liability policies, Property Owners' Liability, Business Insurance, Professional Indemnity, Directors' & Officers' and Business Travel Insurance
- On the Property side, to be able to operate in-house binders
- To accompany the Account Director or Executive to client and insurer meetings with a view to being able to conduct these alone in the future
- To be motivated to look after a book of business with premiums ranging from £250 up to £100,000, providing all with the same level of care and attention
- Initiate and deliver the renewal process, ensuring all pre-renewal work, including any required re-marketing, is completed in good time to secure renewal of the business; documentation is appropriate and issued within timescales set
- Ensure all processes relating to successful collection of client monies are adhered to; including assisting with the collection of monies where needed
- Provide a high standard of broker support service to the client, account executives and directors
So, what are we looking for?
- To operate at all times within the rules and regulations of the FCA and in compliance with company procedures, including Treating Customers Fairly and Contract Certainty
- At least 2 years of relevant Commercial/Property Insurance experience who is either Cert CII or on the way to becoming so
- Professional verbal and written communication skills / face to face communication
- Experience of operating Property binders an advantage
- Enjoys working as part of a team
What else is on offer?
- Systems-literate and quick to pick-up on technological changes
This role offers a competitive salary and progressive bonus structure, pension and 24 days holiday. This role will be based in Churchill Insurance Consultants' North London office.
Details of the salary and benefits package include:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Income Protection
- 24 days holiday per calendar year
- Death-In-Service benefit
- Group Pension scheme
- Quarterly Bonus scheme
- Other employee benefits and discounts
- Staff referral bonus scheme
- CII exam support and rewards