We are currently looking for Business Intelligence Analyst (Lead) to join our award winning team. This person must be a team player with excellent communication skillsResponsibilities The primary responsibility of the post holder will be:
Role Focus & Key Behaviours
- Direct, organise and lead BI engagements.
- Design solutions to meeting BI customer (internal and external) needs.
- Deliver BI solutions and advice and guide team members with their delivery.
- Provide subject matter expertise on Microsoft Data Analytics capabilities and approaches.
- Support Microsoft pre-sales engagements pertaining to Azure Data Analytics and Power BI.
- Manage and develop BI team members.
Required Skills & Experience
- Provide internal as well as external support (pre-sales presentations, webinars etc.) to excite and enthuse sales staff and customers on our ability to help them with Microsoft BI projects.
- Work with pre-sales teams and internal business stakeholders to evaluate and shape BI requirements and design appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
- Lead the delivery effort in the analysis, design, build, test and deployment of BI projects.
- Develop whole or key components of BI projects to ensure successful and on time delivery.
- Build and manage team development plans to ensure the progression and growth of all individuals within the team.
- Oversee and ensure achievement of team goals and delivery commitments.
- Contribute to and support the development of Bytes' Quantum (Azure and 365) analytics and reporting platform to ensure this continually meets and exceeds customer requirements.
- Contribute to and support the development of internal analytics and reporting capabilities that underpin Bytes' Cloud Investment Management Service to identify and deliver cost savings across Azure and 365.
- Stay abreast of Microsoft developments in the BI space and ensure Bytes' capabilities are aligned to market needs.
- Develop and maintain a roadmap, capability matrix and learning paths to ensure the team are in line with Microsoft Bi best practices.
- Support the development of Azure BI related services and capabilities working in conjunction with stakeholders across Bytes and Microsoft.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft analytics and BI technologies across Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lakes, Databricks, Azure Synapse and Power BI.
- Data modelling, cleansing and enrichment skills.
- Key technical skills and experience in:
- Power BI
- Python Azure Library
- Jupyter Notebooks
- Good knowledge and understanding of Azure billing and optimisation strategies (reservations and hybrid benefits).
- Good knowledge and experience of utilising external data and RESTful API's.
- Practical knowledge of data analysis and data modelling techniques.
- Good mathematical and statistical skills.
- Good level of Microsoft Excel and Power Pivot skills to facilitate interrogation and presentation of data.
- Good level and experience of using Azure DevOps.
- Minimum of five years Microsoft data analytics experience.
- Microsoft certifications:
- DA-100: Analysing Data with Microsoft Power BI
- DP-100: Designing and Implementing a Data Science Solution on Azure
- DP-200: Implementing an Azure Data Solution*
- DP-201: Designing an Azure Data Solution*
- DP-300: Administering Relational Databases on Microsoft Azure
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject: Maths, IT, Statistics, Data Analytics.