About the Role
You will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people, from QA Engineers, Front End Developers, through to the Product and Marketing team.
You are expected to assist with software design patterns, assess areas of weakness within the software infrastructure and work within the team to design and implement superior methodologies and ship them to production. Like any Production stack, ours requires maintenance to ensure reliability and traceability for our 30K+ (and growing) concurrent users.
Candidates will be focused on large scale enhancements to the existing Bingo product, including new systems built using SOA technologies, new game engines, application performance tuning, scalability, and integrations with external systems belonging to new customers.
The main duties and responsibilities in this role will include, but are not limited to:-
- Provide technical excellence to your team and support architects and devops
- Design, code, and debug core platform components
- Working at all stages of the product lifecycle from requirements capture, through design and implementation to system testing and integration
- Increase efficiency through automation, workflow streamlining, and system optimization
- Keeping current with new technologies and making recommendations to the team
- Maintaining and enhancing existing product code
- Cooperate with members of the QA and delivery teams to ensure products are tested, installed, and maintained to a high standard
- Maintaining high quality coding standards within the team
- Active participation in agile scrum process.
- Excellent Communication Skills
Our applications span over 15 years of development and range from traditional Monoliths to modern Micro Service paradigms. Our tech stack is just as broad, and includes (but not limited to):
Experience & QualificationsEssential skills
- Java 8
- Spring BOOT
- Spring MVC
- Oracle / Postgres SQL
- Apache Kafka
- Jenkins / CI / CD
- Junit with Mockito
- 6+ years of experience in professional software development
- A degree (with honours) in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Core Java
- Software Design Patterns
- Technical Ownership
- Leading a small technical team
- Database Design (NoSQL / SQL)
- OO and Functional Programming
- Distributed Computing and API Integration best practices
- Enterprise Java - covering several of the following: Spring, Hibernate, EJB, JPA, Struts, JSP or JMS
- Good Communication Skills
- Akka / Actor pattern
- Google Cloud Platform
- ELK (Elastic Search / Logstash / Kibana)
- Reactive Streams
- Scala, Python, Bash
Playtech is a market leader in the gambling and financial trading industries. Founded in 1999 and listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, we have more than 5,000 employees in 19 countries. Playtech is the gambling industry's leading software and services supplier and partners with many of the world's leading regulated online, retail and mobile operators, land-based casino groups, government sponsored entities such as lotteries and new entrants opening operations in newly regulated markets. Its business intelligence-driven gambling software offering includes casino, live casino, bingo, poker and sports betting.
We are the pioneers of Omni-channel gambling which, through Playtech ONE, offers operators and their customers, a seamless, anytime, anywhere experience across any product, any channel (online, mobile, retail) and any device using a single account and single wallet. It provides marketing expertise, sophisticated CRM solutions and other services for operators seeking a full turnkey solution.
The company has won numerous awards including the prestigious Gaming Intelligence Game of the Year award 2018 for its Age of the Gods games that includes slots, table games and live casino. Alongside our own cutting-edge gaming studios and content, we license some of the world's most popular brands from Hollywood studios including Warner Bros, consumer products on behalf of DC Entertainment, Paramount, Fox, NBC Universal, MGM and many more. About our Office
Our new central London hub in Holborn, just minutes from Oxford Street and the famous West End, houses more than 300 employees, bringing all the Playtech London teams together under one roof for the first time. We offer a stimulating work environment in a state-of-the-art, purpose-designed space, including a brand new communal area, with games including pool, table football, table tennis and video games. Our regular benefits include free cereal, fruit, tea, coffee and soft drinks, plus regular Friday drinks, Summer and Christmas parties and lots of other social events. Playtech also offers various other benefits after a full year of service. When you join Playtech, you join a global family!
Follow us on Instagram goo.gl/HF1Ho5
Watch us on YouTube goo.gl/TnZDVK
Playtech is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applicants
Unless otherwise instructed, we will retain your details on file for 6 months in accordance with the data protection act