Role - Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Location - Glasgow, UK
Our client, a leading manufacturer of laser-based technologies, offering a comprehensive portfolio of lasers, laser sub-systems, and laser machines for a broad range of commercial, industrial, and scientific applications is now looking for a Senior ESW Engineer to work as part of the product development team responsible for the design and test of software for laser systems.
Do you have/ are you:-
- Demonstrable software engineering experience, preferably in an industrial environment?
- Strong C programming skills and knowledge of using an Object Orientated style approach in the development of C code?
- Strong experience of Real Time Operating Systems, pre-emptive multitasking and event driven programming?
- Hands-on experience of embedded software and hardware integration, verification, and testing?
- Experience of low-level Microcontroller interfaces?
- Ability to develop scalable systems modules and low-level drivers and integrate them into a large code base?
- Experience using Version Control Systems and integration tools?
- An ability to read electronics schematic diagrams and component datasheets?
If so, this could be the opportunity for you.
As an experienced Embedded SW Engineer you will work as part of the product development team responsible for the design and test of software for laser systems. We are looking for a professional SW Engineer who can contribute to the long-term development of our client's scalable system platform in addition to the full lifecycle development of individual laser products. In this role you will develop reliable and clean C code to be used in high quality laser systems. In addition, you will maintain and expand existing libraries with a view to rapid deployment, produce technical documentation as required, coordinate the integration of software with hardware and optics and support legacy software on existing products.
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please hit "apply" or send me an InMail via LinkedIn.