Network and Server Manager
We are currently looking for a Network and Server Manager to join our IT team, based in our brand-new Fuller's support centre in Kew Bridge, West London.
Working closely with the Service & IT Operations Manager as their right-hand person, you will help support the day-to-day running of all aspects of IT, ensuring it operates reliably and develops in line with changes to the business and to the technology in the world around us.
Using your wealth of experience and knowledge of IT networks and server infrastructure, you will appropriately balance business, technical, security and financial requirements and help improve the quality of service given to our users by resolving problems in a timely fashion and looking for ways to prevent them in the future.
This is a very technical role, but equally customer facing in nature; so balancing between providing clear and effective communication in a way that our users can understand as well as being the defacto "technical problem solver" is essential.What will you be doing?
You will have the following:
- Maintain an extremely high level of understanding of all IT systems and provide support to these when required. You should be the final point of call for all technical issues, no matter the nature of them.
- Provide an escalation point to the technical support team and wider business, ensuring that the more complex/problematic issues are resolved quickly, limiting their impact.
- Proactively take ownership and investigate re-occurring issues affecting multiple users/areas of the business to reduce the number of similar support calls raised and ensure a better overall experience for our users.
- Aid and coach the junior members of the team if you sense a problem is dragging on too long or they are requiring additional support.
- Implement/Manage IT processes and procedures to ensure that the environment is as standardised as possible, further reducing the number of support call for the same issue.
- Support the implementation of the company's major and minor IT projects working alongside the Service and IT Operations Manager, taking lead where necessary.
- Perform routine disaster recovery tests and maintenance of systems.
- The role has significant responsibility given the wide range of roles and processes that fall under it.
- Be able to take sole responsibility for managing one or more nominated suppliers of technical or outsourced services and hold them to their contracts while ensuring Fuller's gets best possible value for money.
- Line management responsibility of Network and Server Administrator position.
Essential Technical Skills
- Very strong technical understanding and experience in networks, servers, infrastructure fields.
- Demonstrable aptitude for solving problems and coming up with creative uses for technology.
- Advanced and current professional certification in the some of the core technologies that we use.
- A real passion and desire to keep up with evolving technology.
- Self-starter able to prioritise own workload.
- Must display confidence in dealing with technology that is new to them and a desire to quickly establish how it works for themselves.
- Integrity is essential, as they will have access to sensitive information.
- Must be able to take appropriate decisions responsibly and independently.
- Should be able to manage own time and prioritise their workload.
What can we offer you?
- An advanced level of knowledge and understanding of networking technologies and in particular, routing protocols, MPLS and DMVPN networks,
- Microsoft Azure implementations from the ground up or similar experience designing and implementing all components to a network from scratch.
- Extensive experience with Active Directory, Exchange/Hybrid Office 365 deployments, SQL, and all Windows operating systems.
- Comprehensive expertise with firewalls - Check Point, ASA, Meraki or equivalent vendors.
- Ideally a large amount of time working with Cisco routers and switches as well as Meraki access points.
- Strong skills with VMware/Virtualisation technologies.
- Up to £65,000 annual salary
- 15% annual bonus potential
- A brand new office with a strong culture for hard work, collaboration and fun!
- Lots of other benefits including health care, company shares, discounted food, drink and hotel stays - and many more!