Our story is both inspiring and remarkable, it is one of growth and success amid some extraordinary circumstances.
This is the story of Gama Healthcare.
Born from two curious medical doctors who challenged the status quo and led them to develop today's innovative range of infection prevention products for both hospitals and consumers. Wipes and hand sanitising gels could hardly be more topical at the moment, just two of the products from our innovative range.
From humble beginnings to becoming the largest supplier of wipes to the NHS is quite some feat.
We've all seen the stories of "super-bugs", MRSA and microbial resistance. Add into the mix the devastating effects on people's lives of Coronavirus and you can understand why we are passionate about what we do.
It is also why we continue to innovate new products, moving us into new spaces. It is these new products, Rediroom a temporary isolation room and Violet, a UV room sanitiser that is driving our latest recruitment.
We are recruiting a Mechanical Engineer into our Capital Equipment team within the Science & Innovation group based in HalifaxWhat will you do?
What will you need?
- Develop new and improve existing Mechanical design and Engineering
- Secure strong IP on our new developments
- Provide Technical guidance and support including CAD, 3D printing and Mechanical Approval
- Provide the Category with new possibilities and competitive solutions based on research and contacts with users, external institutions, and suppliers
- Contribute with high skills on prototyping and design for manufacture Develop ideas into product concepts and designs to launch
- Take Mechanical Ownership for both solutions and design options through to launch
- Lead DFM and DFT discussions and take ownership for delivery of key mechanical parts
- Create and maintain a network for design and prototype creation.
- Create and maintain a supplier for the design and manufacture of Mechanical based solutions for the Category and Franchise
- Generate know how for the company and submit the know how such as reports, specifications and drawings to the company for future exploitation.
- Participate in cross-functional development projects in all stages of the Stage Gate process, to meet defined targets in Quality, deliver results in time and keep within agreed costs to achieve the financial goals of the project portfolio.
- Propose and participate in the implementation of improvements in working methods and procedures in the company.
What will you get?
- Experience using Solid works or similar within Industry
- Experience from R&D in the Medical Device Industry or equivalent
- Good knowledge in regulatory requirements and standards for medical devices, e.g. MDD, FDA.
- Performance driven, result oriented mind set and delivering against committed milestones through internal and external resources
- Strong interpersonal skills and getting things done in a matrix structure (without direct command)
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in new areas being able to quickly dive deep into new technologies and assess and evaluate them e.g. as part of due diligence
- Experience in industrial design.
- Good knowledge in IP generation.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally.
- A competitive salary up to £50,000
- Commitment to your personal and professional development
- Annual performance related bonus 25 days holiday (plus statutory)
- A competitive pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cashback plan for money back on dentists, opticians etc
For several years we've achieved double digit growth and we're not stopping there. We're looking for talented individuals to join us on our journey. Apply now!