Our client is an extremely exciting, venture-backed OEM that has developed world-class advanced fibre cable solutions to address the bandwidth crunch and latency limitations in high capacity communications systems.
We are seeking a talented and commercially experienced Systems Engineer to emulate new customer installations and optimise the system configuration for DWDW optical transmission. The remit requires a strong understanding of field testing, industrial requirements of fibre and the physical layer, ideally having worked with Coherent high-speed equipment (400G/ 600G)
To be considered for this superb opportunity you will possess the following:
- Proven experience in telecoms systems engineering, ideally gained within a leading Networking Equipment Manufacturer or Telecommunications Carrier
- Strong technical knowledge of fibre optics transmission systems, OTN, Coherent transmission, telecoms networks and network management
- In-depth understanding of optical fibre system characterization and qualification processes
- Knowledge of link design for deployment across data centre, metro and long-haul applications
- Practical skills with a 'hands on approach', to define, develop, construct and test trial systems in the lab and in the field
- Possess current leading-edge knowledge, including systems applications, development and deployment
- Have experience of product compliance and testing requirements
- Be able to apply state-of-the-art methods to complex problems
- Have proven success in working internationally with dispersed technical teams, customers and resources
- Ability to analyse new technology trends and standards
- Possess a BSc or higher degree in Optical Science / Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Physics from a recognised academic institution
For a confidential discussion and further information about this exciting opportunity please contact Dan Reddyhough, Partner at Altium Associates.