Tom&Co is a dynamic and fast-growing software team who specialise in e-commerce. We design, build, and optimise Magento-powered websites across a variety of verticals, from luxury brands to high street fashion, from lifestyle to gifting with well-known retailers such as Oliver Bonas and Topps Tiles.
We are looking for a Business Analyst with proven e-commerce experience to join our cross-functional team in central London.Key activities
As a Business Analyst you can expect to be part of the following activities during the sprint:
- Assist Product Owners in gathering requirements and managing client expectations;
- Work with Scrum Master to refine client briefs and supporting documentation into compelling user stories and initial acceptance criteria;
- Lead product backlog refinement meetings and make sure that user stories are well defined and understood by all members of the cross-functional team;
- Check deliverables against business requirements and participate in sprint demos;
- Make strategic recommendations to clients based on data insides and best practices;
- Design solutions that solve technical problems
- Work closely with developers to debug and solve defects
- Participate in technical workshops and client meetings
To be successful in this role, we believe you will need the following competencies:
Essential skills and qualities
- Apply technical expertise to understand complex systems and database structures;
- Break down complex integrations into constituent pieces, and make recommendations of how to prioritise in the best way possible;
- Effectively apply our Magento components to existing and new projects;
- Work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Exhibit excellent time management skills, plan and prioritise own workload.
- Be aware of Agile methodologies and frameworks (Scrum);
- Proven experience as a Business Analyst in e-commerce;
- Confident Magento user and fast learner;
- Previous participation in large REST/SOAP API integrations involving external tools and services (payment gateways, ERP, CRM and more);
- Proficient in MS Excel (or similar) and web analytics tools (Google Analytics);
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills;
- Excellent English communication skills.
We believe in paying people what they think they are worth; you tell us what you're looking for and we'll tell you if our pockets are deep enough.
We can't promise you the world, but we can promise you a fun and creative place to work with a company that is growing fast so you will have plenty of opportunities to develop. We are also a social bunch with regular nights out, beer fridge Fridays, weekly team breakfasts. Hey, who knows, you might even forget it's a workplace.
You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about their work, and always willing to help each other. To top it all off - you'll work on a shiny new MacBook Pro, which you can take home, naturally.