Our people are at the very heart of what we do, they are the reason our clients work with us to solve some of their greatest challenges. At Frazer-Nash, we want all of our people to feel they belong, confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us.
We are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background. We want our people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that we respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, we encourage thoughtful behaviours and work to foster a collaborative working environment.
As a consultancy, Frazer-Nash's electronics projects vary in scale from independent assessment and assurance of Electronic Systems through to bespoke device rapid prototyping and demonstration to the development of large-scale control systems for some of the most complex and high profile engineering projects in the UK today. Our multi-disciplinary teams work with clients in a number of domains including aerospace, defence, nuclear, renewable energy, rail and autonomous systems. We are looking to build on our success so far to enhance our technical capabilities and expand our offering to the market. This creates exciting opportunities for the right candidates.
We are seeking talented and experienced electronics systems / hardware engineers to work on a wide variety of projects and develop this growing capability within our company. We are specifically looking for candidates who can look beyond the task presented, who have a desire to apply their technical skills to tackle problems in new industries; to take a systems view to understand our clients' needs and consult and deliver sustainable solutions that truly add value.
Alongside the technical aspects of the role, effective communication is also key as we collaborate widely internally, with partners and with a diverse customer base. The role will involve working in Frazer-Nash offices and laboratories, clients' sites and field trial environments depending on the needs of projects.
We welcome applications from candidates who wish the opportunity to apply and develop their technical leadership, project management and business development skills to drive our future direction and progress their career in electronic engineering.Requirements
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- An Electronic Engineering Degree or a General Engineering Degree (Masters/PhD or evidence of post graduate experience)
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience in electronic systems / hardware
- Design and development of electronic systems architecture/hardware using a systems engineering approach
- Understanding of the behaviour of different technologies and options (ASIC, FPGA, Microprocessor/Embedded systems, digital design techniques)
- Experience of the systems development lifecycle and its application to electronic systems
- Chartered Engineer (or clear evidence of progression towards Chartership)
- Experience of project, customer or supplier communications and management
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all of the following additional requirements:
- Safety critical software/hardware development e.g. DO-254, DO-178, IEC 61508 (or industry specific derivatives)
- Standard Schematic capture, PCB layout software, Circuit simulation and analysis
- Experience of the design and development of complex electronic hardware
- Modelling and simulation tools, e.g. MATLAB/Simulink/Veristand/LabVIEW
- Knowledge/experience in verification & validation techniques across different technologies
- Electronic component & equipment obsolescence
- Technical Leadership of hardware development
- Project management
- Interpretation of clients' technical needs
- Developing and mentoring Engineers in their early career
We provide our people with an excellent benefits package that comprises:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Targeted professional development
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Flexible start and finish time
- Season rail ticket loan
By joining a growing and innovative team, successful candidates will have the opportunity to drive the direction and development of projects and the overall electronic engineering capability within Frazer-Nash. Our reputation and relationship with our customers means that we can significantly contribute to solving our clients' real world problems, delivering real benefit. For candidates wanting to work on challenging technical problems and have a real impact on our customers and the wider world, there is no better choice than Frazer-Nash.