My client is looking for a support engineer to work closely with their customers. In this instance, you will be working with the armed forces who will be using a specialist computer simulation programme to practice for training events/ real life situations. You will be on hand to assist with any technical difficulties, day to day running of the system, upgrades, ensuring the programme works efficiently and escalating any issues. You will support the control exercise at the HQ site in Warminster.
Here is an guide to some of the responsibilities:
- Acting as a local on-site representative to the customer's organisation
- Supporting on-site and deployed exercise/training events
- Conducting technical analysis of product implementations, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk
- Troubleshooting technical problems and issues, determining technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommending actions to the company or customer representatives
- Performing on-site and off-site repairs and corrective maintenance
- Installation of workstations and components and assemblies into chassis, racks, and cabinets at customer facilities and development sites
- Management of hardware and software assets
- Recording, reporting and escalation of system faults
- Experience of working with simulation a bonus
Due to security clearance, you will need to be a British Citizen or have a British Passport to be considered for this role.
This role is based in Warminster, Wiltshire although travel to customer sites primarily in the UK but may be required. This is a permanent position and the salary is paying up to £33k.