IT Infrastructure specialist The Opportunity
Briggs Marine are looking to appoint an Infrastructure Specialist to join our Group IT function in Burntisland, Fife. The post holder will report directly to the Head of IT and will have an exciting opportunity to lead and implement IT change within a growing organisation. This role would ideally suit candidates with a wealth of knowledge across IT disciplines and whilst we do not expect that they will be an expert in all areas we are looking to appoint someone with a good understanding of servers, storage, networks and IT security. The Job
The primary function of this role will be to work closely with the Head of IT to implement IT change (Infrastructure / Security / Application / Modern desktop and collaboration) (80%) with a secondary focus on proving back office technical support (20%). This role sits within Group IT and responsibilities cover all locations (Worldwide) as well as our mobile locations (Vessels).
- Manage & execute changes in line with the IT Strategy
- Ensure effective service introduction to the IT Support Team as well providing appropriate user training.
- Input into IT Strategy meetings, making recommendations on future directions that support the overall business strategy.
- Ensuring compliance with ISO 27001 and inputting to Security review meetings.
- Creating and proving training to users in IT Security best practices.
We are looking for someone who is confident in their own skills and abilities, someone who can take a task and run with it whilst being able to stick within the parameters of a given scope. You must be a forward-thinking individual who embraces change and is willing to take on any challenge. Essential skills, knowledge and experience;
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience;
- IT Infrastructure (Servers, Networks, IPT, Azure etc)
- Windows Server 2019
- Microsoft Phone system
- Good understanding of networks and network security
- SharePoint / Form designers and Power Automate
- O365 administration / deployments
- Executing IT Change
- ISO 27001
- Providing 3rd Line IT Support
- Working with users at all business levels / seniority
- Translating a strategy into meaningful actions / changes
- Providing input to an IT Strategy
- Cisco Meraki
- Marine based IT
- Salary ranging from £38,000 - £42,000 depending on experience
- 35 days holiday
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Company pension scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Training and development
The position holder will be required to travel both in the UK and internationally on occasion. It is therefore essential that the post holder has a valid Password and Full (clean) UK Driving licence. Closing Date: 25 September 2020 To apply, please send your CV, in confidence, to our Recruitment Team by email, email@example.com or by post:Briggs Marine and Environmental Services,Seaforth HouseSeaforth PlaceBurntisland Fife KY3 9AX