Mech Tech Professionals are actively recruiting for a Commissioning Manager on behalf of our leading engineering client based in Bicester.
Due to continued growth, they require an experienced Commissioning Manager for a data centre in the UK.
The ideal candidate will have proven ability in running similar projects with a minimum of 10 years' industry experience in this area.
Main responsibilities of the role will entail:
* Review commissioning Tech Subs for technical content and contract compliance and organise workshops with Trade Contractors and the Client to expedite sign off
* Produce commissioning plans
* Produce a commissioning programme
* Produce a test and commissioning tracker document
* Produce a schedule of commissioning RAMS (Risk Assessments/Method Statements)
* Review, comment and approve sub-contractors commissioning RAMS
* Organise and attend and report on all equipment factory acceptance testing (FAT)
* Produce reports following FAT visits
* Monitor the equipment tagging process
* Check the ongoing installation for commissioning readiness
* Interact with the Package Manager's on installation matters impacting the commissioning process
* Produce a weekly progress report which will include a drop line of progress against the commissioning programme, to include, dashboard report from test and commission tracker schedule, 4 week look-ahead schedule and a schedule of key issues/observations.
* Assist the Contractors in the preparation of the L1, L2, L3 & L4 commissioning documents
* Attend daily commissioning meetings to drive the time management and resource planning with Consultants and Contractors
* Follow up, and manage through commissioning issues arising and get them closed out to agreed deadlines
* Manage with the Trade Contractors all issues raised and noted on the Clients IRL (commissioning Issues Resolution Log) Note - All issues raised by the client team are on the IRL and must be closed out to achieve FR (facility ready)
* Liaise with Consultant and Contractors in a proactive manner to close out commissioning issues arising
* L1 - L4 test witnessing and assisting in dealing with commissioning snags arising
* Collating all test documentation for inclusion within the record documentation
* Work closely with the BMS Commissioning Manager to fully test and commission the BMS interfaces in readiness for L4 & 5 testing
* Work with the FA Commissioning Manager to fully test and commission the FA interfaces in readiness for the L4 C&E testing
* Provide assistance to, and work closely with the Technical Author in respect of the O&M Manuals - commissioning testing
* Management of a team and the ability to review design drawings, specifications and technical submittals in order to produce a commission-ability reviews, together with client liaison
To be considered for this role, candidates must possess the following skills, qualifications and experience.
* Fully conversant with ASHRAE testing levels 1-5
* Understanding of BSRIA and CIBSE guideline
* Electrical biased with previous data centre experience- essential
* Good 11kV experience
* Proven management and mentoring of people / motivational skills
* Background in consulting or construction preferred.
* Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
In return, you will receive a very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, coupled with the unique opportunity to join a leading and forward thinking organisation