We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with experience in the design of special purpose machinery.
With a hands-on role throughout the design life cycle, you will be working within a multi-disciplinary team. You will be designing and developing the mechanical aspects of both our standard range of machinery, and the many bespoke applications we supply, including robotic cutting and handling systems.
You will be responsible for:
* Producing conceptual designs from functional specifications
* The running of projects
* Designing machinery assemblies and sub-assemblies using SolidWorks, updating BOM's and issuing drawings to suppliers
* Performing design calculations
* Writing technical documentation and user manuals
* Working with our sales team and liaising with external customers
Skills & Experience:
* Experience as a Design Engineer within special purpose machinery / Automation
* Education to degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline is preferred
* Working knowledge of SolidWorks
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team