J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure. Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including transportation; water; power; natural resources; and construction & property.Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses - Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Senior Engineering Manager (CEM) - Stratford - CP6 (Rail)
Murphy group is recruiting for an experienced CEM to deliver multi-disciplinary station projects with CSM-RA and interoperability entry into service experience. To be successful in this role you will be confident in managing multiple stakeholders and enjoy implementing engineering strategies.
Murphy has been awarded one of three multi-billion-pound contracts by Network Rail for the South of England, worth up to £7bn for Control Period 6 (Apply online only)). The multi-discipline framework will deliver projects of varying value, including stations, buildings and civils, electrifications, power, signalling, telecommunications and track. This is initially in place for a five-year period but has the option of three one-year extensions if required.
* Lead and drive engineering initiatives within the project
* Promote and lead engineering innovation and BIM solutions to our clients,
* Manage and actively pursue performance improvement of the engineering capability and function, assisting in establishing and implementing best practice policies and procedures for the function,
* Take a proactive role in the management of careers and the learning & development of all engineering staff, including carrying out personal development reviews,
* Work closely with engineering institutions and manage the professional qualifications in conjunction with the learning & development team,
* Support the business unit in work winning as the technical leader in bids, with the application of engineering, design management and quality,
* Provide guidance and support to projects to contribute a clear view for delivering engineering, design management and quality,
* Actively pursue performance improvement of the engineering capability and function,
* Manage the allocation of engineering resources to support the business,
* Promote the function internally and externally,
* Manage the consultant supply chain framework and drive the performance and relationship management of the consultant community,
* Keep management informed of business area activity and progress achieved,
* Manage the recruitment of engineers and design managers to support the business requirements,
* Engage with universities and support the annual graduate recruitment,
* Ensure Quality benchmarks are maintained at a high standard,
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHESQ department.
* Chartered Engineer
* 8+ years relevant experience in a leadership role in the engineering function of a major UK contractor engaged in one or more of the following; rail, highways, utilities, tunnelling, or other heavy civil engineering
* Full clean driving licence