Who we are looking for
A Senior Software Developer who will bring ideas and creativity to a well established team to encourage innovative solutions and lead by example.
You will be developing and maintaining the business' operational tools that support the management of customer accounts to provide a great customer service.
Our technology stack is primarily Microsoft, specifically the .NET Framework, WinForms, and SQL. You will also be involved with the early stages of our new architectural journey to work towards microservices, the introduction of Go and continuing to evolve our Microsoft stack with .NET Core and Web UIs.
You will collaboratively mentor and guide a team of technical professionals. You will be passionate about your code and systems with a real sense of ownership and empowerment.
We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges.Preferred skills and experience
- Commercial experience with .NET (VB/C#).
- MS SQL Server and T-SQL.
- Winforms applications.
- Software design principles and secure coding principles.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Passionate about software development.
- Experience of working with high availability, multi user n-tier, distributed systems, web/windows Services, Go, Akka, Git/GitLab, Jira Software would be advantageous.
- Delivering efficient and scalable enterprise class software solutions.
- Performing quality assurance reviews for others in the team.
- Supporting and enhancing the existing code base.
- Maintaining clean coding practises.
- Identifying technical areas of improvement.
- Supporting the product owners as required.
- Providing support to the testing team during testing phases of projects.
- Leading solution proposals as required.
- Creating work effort estimates as required.