Please note that due to the current climate we are working from home and our social events are virtual for the time being.Vamoos:
We're a rapidly growing small business, based in Paddington WeWork. We're looking for a highly ambitious and motivated senior developer to join our team in London. You'll be responsible for supporting our clients as they integrate with our software, as well as project managing alongside our tech team.
Vamoos' solutions aim to upgrade the travel and hospitality sector with technical solutions that will change the way people travel. As part of Vamoos' technology team you'll be part of a team, leading the work to change the way people explore the world.
You'll be working with our CTO, with 20 years' experience with large web-scale projects, so this is a great opportunity for someone to keep developing their skills and accelerate their professional development in a fast-growing company. The Role:
- Develop and maintain our backend platform, written in Node.JS. This is an extensive platform integrating all aspects of travel and accommodation, providing API services to all our mobile applications, Web portals and 3rd party integrations.
- Maintain our AWS based infrastructure, including managing scalability, security and data structures
- Assist our CTO in strategic work defining the next versions of our technology
The successful Senior Software Developer will possess the following skills and experience:
- 4+ years of experience in backend development
- A good understanding of NodeJS, Lambda, Express, GIT
- Solid experience with systems integration using JSON and REST APIs
- Experience with AWS (and ideally other cloud infrastructure providers)
- Intermediate to expert level of knowledge of Linux, MySQL, load balancing and DNS
- Some knowledge of NoSQL databases, In-memory caches, queue and notification systems, automatic scaling, monitoring systems, common protocols (email),
- Contribute your own ideas to any part of the business. This is a small team and ideas are always welcome!
- Competitive salary
- Flexi-time work schedule
- Work within a fun and supportive office environment
- Social events such as running club, yoga and pub outings
- Located in a WeWork site - modern and high-end facilities including showers, a pool table, table football and an on-site barista
- Free beer/prosecco tap and free breakfasts every Monday
- Opportunity to professionally develop, make the job your own and make a difference!