Position: IT Network Engineer (Level 3 Support)Location: ManchesterPermanent Salary: £45,000 + Oncall Allowance
IT Network Engineer (Level 3 Support) needed for a Global Leading Manufacturer company with an employee size of over 5000. You will be working for the UK IT Manager to advise on IT Network Configuration for the multiple UK site organisations. You will need to support 1st and 2nd line staff users and ensure effective provision, maintenance and upgrade of IT Network Systems at a 3rd line level.Key Responsibilities:
Technical Experience Required:
- Provide a high level of service in response to the IT-related demands of other functions within the organisation.
- Support the UK IT Manager in monthly reporting of IT related issues including effective feedback of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), achievements and issues
- Support the development and implementation of best practices in the IT infrastructure and systems: Ensuring necessary practices and processes are in place (with documentation as required) to comply with security and information needs.
- Project work on IT systems upgrade and software application improvement activities
- Design and Implement appropriate methods and systems which sustain and improve the long-term performance of IT equipment and services, including effective data backup, design and test of a disaster recovery system and secure control of user access.
- Daily verification of project progression, to ensure structured and effective planning of IT related support activities
- High levels of customer service and interactions. Ensure effective communication of IT activities and developments to the wider IT Team and site management.
- Experience with Cisco Networking (Routers, Switches, Firewalls)
- Troubleshooting complex firewalls and network issues
- Experience with Network Security concepts
- Experience Unified Communications & Swyx Telephony (VOIP)
- Experience with Windows Server
- Experience with Windows AD, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010+
- Experience with relational databases, ideally SQL Server
The Company & Benefits:
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator)
- SSCP (System security Certified Practitioner
- Microsoft MCP, MCA
- Hyper- V / VMware Certified
- Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist - SQL Server 2012+, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance
- BTEC or Equivalent in Computer studies, IT Network or Equivalent
- Typically an office based role, currently flexibility during COVID to work from home.
- Working hours; Mon-Thurs (8:30 - 17:00). Friday (8:30 - 15:30)
- Call out allowance - £2400pa (Guaranteed)
- 24/7 Support (1 in 4 weeks)
- Bonus 10%
- Pension 6% + 10% Company contribution
- Subsidised Canteen
- Private Health - Bupa
- Pool Cars available for travelling