Senior Frontend Developer
Here at W12 Studios, we work on high end, leading edge digital products for multinational companies. The products range from embedded systems to mobile apps to large-scale websites. The successful candidate will be involved with each stage of the design process and lead the production of high fidelity interactive prototypes that show the clients and engineers exactly how the product will work.
You will be someone who brings concepts to life, using code as a creative tool to present your ideas. You should have a certain degree of autonomy in programming languages and frameworks, but the finished prototype should feel as real as possible.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working on the design phase of a product's lifecycle and someone who is always curious and excited to learn new things. You must be confident in presenting work to clients, communicating ideas through code and shaping and expanding on designs. The ability to estimate, plan and execute projects with quick turnaround time is essential. We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic, problem solver.
As a Senior Frontend Developer, you will be expected to;
• Have outstanding technical, problem solving and communication skills
• 4+ years working as a creative technologist or developer but with a keen eye for design or a design background
• Experience with modern front-end frameworks and workflows. (e.g Reactjs, Angular, Bootstrap, webpack)
• Experience in native mobile development, ideally Swift on iOS but Objective-C or native Android, is seen as a bonus
• Understanding of OOP, software design patterns, agile project management and version control (Git)
• Willingness to turn your hand to and learn new technologies as they arise
• A good understanding of visual design and UX, particularly responsive design
• A strong academic background in a related field
How we work
• We use a modern front-end stack, combining React, Babel, Webpack and PostCSS
• We work closely with the design team, giving input on the UX and Visual approach, also pointing out any technical considerations
• We don't produce production code, we create prototypes to explore and communicate concepts and undergo user testing. Meaning we are flexible on the implementation, as long as it looks like the final product and conveys the end user experience.
W12 Studios is a digital product design agency, founded in 2012 and headquartered in London. We create iconic experiences for some of the world's leading brands and work across 10 different countries. Our team of over 40 designers create products used by millions of people globally.
We pride ourselves in our ability to influence products at the highest level by delivering strategic ideas from inception to launch. We help our clients understand the context of their products, create a compelling vision for them and make these experiences a reality.
We believe that together we're stronger, that inspiration can come from anywhere and great ideas from anyone.
The difference in our work comes from the diversity of perspectives, skills and backgrounds of our team.