Technology Program Manager - 1 year temporary contract - London (Location Flexible) Equinix are looking for an experienced technical program manager to join this Global team on a temporary basis.
Technical Program manager for the GN Tools and Automation team is someone who has spent the last 2 to 3 years in project managing web application development. Preferably someone who is passionate about Enterprise Web Applications. Having worked for a Carrier/Service Provider/Data Center IT or NMS application is a definite advantage. This role requires the hands-on project management of greenfield software development and deployment activities as well as supporting existing NMS systems development.
Technical Program managers must also be problem solvers with excellent leadership skills who can motivate the employees to reach all company objectives. They must work effectively on their own, as well as in a team setting with other managers. Technology Project Planning and Execution
Technology Program and Portfolio Management
- Understands Software development life cycle and actively participates in planning, scheduling and reporting of development projects within the scope and life cycle phases
- Understands modern Web Application development systems and methodologies including but not limited to Microservices and micro-frontend frameworks.
- Has in-depth experience in managing Front-End, Back-end development and can engage with engineers in project managing and scheduling appropriate deliverables for each development phase
- Has worked in Agile/Scrum execution of software projects and understands the models and methodologies of Agile software development
- Understands and has worked in CI/CD development methodologies
- Scopes and plans for small or medium technology projects
- Creates project plans and obtains commitment and confirmation from team members on project phases and tasks
- Conducts project kickoff meetings
- Aligns project releases to program releases and company releases
Stakeholder Management and Communication
- Maintains technology program cadence
- Maintains technology program information
- Publishes regular program progress reports
- Aligns program releases to company releases
- Leads testing kickoff and go-no-go meetings
Technology Project Methodologies and Tools
- Understand business requirements for the project and engages in prioritization and stake holder conversations in agreements and approvals for project deliverables
- Builds relationships with company managers and senior managers
- Builds channels of feedback for continuous improvement and engages in retrospectives and demos to ensure cleanroom requirement analysis and deliveries
- Maintains the Wiki and project/product knowledge base and is the key to keeping project information together
- Ensures awareness and understanding of systems and processes across project members to ensure everyone in the project is clear on duties and deliverables
- Trains technology teams on pre-defined methodologies, processes, templates
- Creates project templates
- Customizes PMO tools and obtains consensus on global tool features
- Trains PMO tool users
- Triggers innovation in processes and methodologies
- Organizes Hackathon or similar
- Creatively solves problems when project dependencies or projects are off track to get them back on-track and generates consensus across teams to ensure focus and drive towards the goal.
- A bachelor's degree in administration, business, management, or a related field is needed for this position or relevant experience.
- Certifications in Project Management (Agile, PMI etc ) is a plus
- Dev Ops experience would be a bonus