Amari Metals Limited is looking for an experienced Payroll Manager with extensive experience using HR and Payroll cloud based systems. The Company has a current staffing level of circa1900+ across three payrolls, and is based in Wednesbury, West Midlands.
Amari Metals is currently migrating to a cloud based payroll system and requires a confident payroll professional to support the transition and manage a small team of administrators.
· Oversee the accurate input of routine payroll information, to include starters, leavers, overtime, absence details, change of personal details, pension scheme joiners, court orders
· Carry out the monthly gross to net reconciliation of payrolls
· Communicate with senior managers and administrative personnel throughout the Company with regard to monthly deadlines and obligations
· Monitor processes, procedures, payroll software and suppliers to ensure they are fit for purpose and capture all necessary data
· Manage the day-to-day functions of the department and payroll assistants, including training
· Keep up to date with legislation and ensure the Company payroll is fully compliant at all time.
· Establish failsafe mechanisms with regard to HMRC Real Time Information submissions.
· Maintain a good working relationship with external suppliers and agents (payroll software, pension agents etc)
· Make sure the Company Secretary is fully briefed regarding any issues or developments
· Resolve high-level queries efficiently and accurately
· Respond to requests from the Company Secretary for reports and calculations as required.
· Manage the annual profit share payment process, providing senior management with relevant and timely information, and ensure deadlines are met and BACS scheduling is in place
· Prepare in-year and annual submissions to HMRC; obtain all necessary information to ensure P11Ds are accurate and sent to employees in time to resolve queries. Also obtain all the necessary data for the PAYE Settlement Agreement (PSA), resolve any queries or anomalies and submit/pay in line with HMRC deadlines
· Collate P11D and PSA reports for the Accounts office
· Prepare the gender pay gap report
· Meet monthly with the Financial Controller to reconcile the salaries control account.
Candidate Requirements and Experience:
The role would suit an experienced payroll manager who is used to working in a pressurised environment. The Company is looking for someone who is:
· Discreet, hard-working, with the ability to communicate at all levels
· Mindful of the confidentiality requirements of the position, and strives for excellence and attention to detail.
The right candidate will have:
· A relevant qualification or qualified by experience
· Excellent numerical and accuracy skills
· The ability to work to tight deadlines
· A background of staff management
· Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Microsoft Office applications
· Experience of system implementation
· Excellent communication skills
· An ability to influence staff, the customers of the payroll function, and external suppliers/agents
· Familiarity with MidlandHR iTrent and Access Payroll/HR systems would be an advantage.
To apply for this vacancy, please email a copy of your CV, along with your Personal Statement and evidence of CPD to email@example.com.