Leading independent global distributor, Banijay Rights, represents a world-class, multi-genre portfolio of over 88,000 hours of standout programming. Leading distribution for the largest international creator and producer, Banijay, the division handles the exploitation of some of the planet's best scripted and non-scripted brands.
Representing quality, excellence and experience in the business of linear and non-linear television and ancillary activity across all platforms, Banijay Rights' catalogue encompasses a host of top titles from Banijay's 120+ in-house labels, and a number of third-party producers, spanning drama, comedy, entertainment, factual, reality, family, formats and theatrical.
We are looking for an experienced Royalty Accountant to join the finance team. This role will be responsible for royalty quarterly cash reporting (both internal and third party) and royalty cash forecasting. Managing and processing all royalty reports received and maintaining up to date accurate royalty reporting information.
This is an exciting, fast-paced role within the accounts team to ensure the smooth running of the royalty process within Banijay Rights.
The successful candidate will report to the Business Controller and will be part of the finance team based in London. Responsibilities
Knowledge & Skills
- Reporting of royalties to third party producers and Group Operating Companies on a quarterly basis;
- Key point of contact for the producers dealing with any queries that arise from the statements (200+ group & third party);
- Manage, code and check all resulting invoices from producers;
- Prepare cash forecasting and budget for all future royalty payments;
- Review third party producers for any likely to expire or frequency of reporting change;
- Accounting for expired titles, comprising producing final reports to producers, taking up any provisions, writing off outstanding expenses and consideration of the Profit and Loss effect of any journals is required;
- View to expanding this role to help the commercial team with other tasks such as accrued royalties; and
- Additional duties and ad hoc reporting as required by the Business Controller to ensure continual development of the royalty accounting functions.
- Experience as a royalty accountant;
- Solid understanding of fundamental accounting principles (debits and credits);
- Strong team player and good inter-personal and communication skills;
- Good time-management skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Pro-active approach;
- Good system knowledge and ability to adapt to new systems (systems currently used: Jaguar/FilmTrack/Navision);
- Strong excel skills; and
- Ability to prepare royalty statements and familiarity with participation accounting.