Want to join a team that works with passion and purpose to power a network that nearly 8 million people rely on every day? If you share our energy and ambition, this could be your opportunity to build a career with a supportive team in an environment where everyone is empowered to do their best and be their best.
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent full time Senior Cyber Solutions Architect based in Plymouth.Main Responsibilities
Reporting to the IT Cyber Security Manager, you will be responsible for managing the development, support and adherence to cyber security policies and standards within WPD. You will also be required to provide subject matter expert advice to IR and the wider WPD business in the delivery of Cyber security solutions to meet best practice and regulatory requirements.
Alongside technical delivery of a strong Enterprise IT security strategy, implementing a strategy for ICS/OT Cyber Security will form a significant part of this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Assist in the development of new Cyber Security strategies and develop work plans to aid WPD to proactively reduce and mitigate cyber security risk.
- Co-ordinate and improve Cyber Security incident response plans.
- Implement industry best practice controls to reduce the risk to WPD from Cyber-attacks.
- Create and manage work plans for the Cyber Security Team to meet and satisfy regulatory requirements.
- Act as Team Leader for the Cyber Security Team.
- Assist in the development of secure architectures and implementations for emerging projects in WPD.
- Lead Cyber Security user awareness and education programmes.
- Liaise with third parties on Cyber Security matters.
You should have a demonstrable level of experience of working within an IT Environment dealing with many aspects of cybersecurity alongside good leadership and/or management experience. It would be advantageous to have or be working towards a recognised Cyber Security qualification.
This vacancy will close at noon on 25 September 2020.
Starting salary £70,759 with progression avaialable.
Western Power Distribution is an equal opportunities employer, a Disability Level 1 Employer and a corporate signatory of WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) programme. Our desire is to bring in more employees from diverse backgrounds to build further on our inclusive culture. We value and celebrate individual difference and we believe that an inclusive culture will help the business grow as a positive, strong and innovative company.