Reporting to the Global Director Human Resource Information Systems & Payroll, the Global Business Intelligence and Reporting Analyst's overall responsibility is to support the data and reporting needs across the enterprise by gathering requirements, building data frameworks, designing and delivering business intelligence content following project lifecycle patterns, inclusive of day-to-day reporting, dashboards and scorecards.
This position will be part of a strong team that will play a pivotal role in the firm's Global HRIS program. To do this, the analyst will need to work closely with various stakeholders from the business, Project Sponsors and Managers, subject matter experts, and cross-functional project teams. The position requires experience in business intelligence tool knowledge, business/functional requirements management, define/document KPIs while developing BI content and underlying data framework. The BI Analyst must have a strong attention to detail and understanding of complex ERP data relationships across functional areas.
- Accounts for analyzing user's needs and identify business problems and provide solutions to complex problems
- Support and design data structures across the business to support business intelligence tools and content
- Works cross-functionally with different key stakeholders, including the CHRO, and end users to gather and document requirements
- Challenges the status quo; serves as a change agent to help transition the firm from our existing environment into an environment of technology-driven solutions that will enhance the efficiency, quality, and effectiveness
- Design, build and deliver functional and useful reports, dashboards and scorecards
- Drives data gathering, review and analysis of data working closely with business partners to distinguish user requests from true needs efficiently and professionally
- Present alternative reporting designs and solutions clearly in charts, tables, graphs and text, using creative-thinking expertise and solution prototypes
- Support innovation and growth, demonstrate the ability to go beyond the obvious
- Research and recommend tools, frameworks and systems for data analytics while keeping up with best practices
- Should provide critical analysis of results and proactively look at what other data to interrogate based on results found
- Focus on accuracy and attention to detail, ensuring any discrepancies/anomalies are communicated to the appropriate data owners
- Participate in design, build, test and deployment of PeopleSoft upgrades and module rollouts
- Design and deliver end user training and training materials
- Serves as a liaison, acting as an interface between stakeholders building trusting, collaborative relationships and partnerships while providing subject matter expertise on technical systems and processes for assigned area
- Meets with stakeholders regularly to review and validate the business and functional requirements, critical milestones and dependencies - may require travel to other offices or evening conferences
- Obtains stakeholder buy-in and proactively manage expectations throughout projects
- Responsible for the alignment of user acceptance strategy, testing plans, etc. to the project's business requirements
- Conducts targeted system testing with help from testers to ensure the successful implementation of new systems
- Performs other duties as assigned or required to meet Firm goals and objectives
The above list of tasks and responsibilities aims to give a general overview of the type of activities this role involves and is not intended to be a comprehensive list, subject to the needs of the Firm this job description may be reviewed from time to time.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered in lieu of the degree when the experience has been directly related to the functions of the job
- Experience working in a similar business analyst position, successfully delivering impactful business process improvements and solutions
- Experience working in the legal industry or professional services preferred
- Strong understanding of project management principles / methodology
- Must be analytical and solutions oriented towards solving business issues and opportunities
- Must be able to distil critical data and help to identify required actions based on indicative results
- Familiarity with General Data Protection Regulation preferred
- Proficient at developing data and business process design (Process flows, diagrams, etc.) and in using MS-Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Access
- Experience with tools/platforms such as Cognos, Tableau, Qliksense, Sisense, Visier, Oracle Analystics Cloud or Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition
- Experience with Oracle PeopleSoft HCM desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with all levels of the Firm and outside vendors
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment and effectively support the demanding needs of the Firm
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines with shifting priorities
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of initiative
- Strong client-service orientation; able to anticipate needs and exercise independent judgment
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion
- Exercises solid strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
At Mayer Brown, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment that offers our people the opportunity and support they need to succeed. We are therefore happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments that individuals may require throughout the recruitment process and once they have joined the Firm.
In addition, one of our core values at Mayer Brown is to promote diversity and inclusion at all levels within the business which is actively supported by our diversity networks - LGBT+, Fusion (BAME), Women, and Work and Me (Family).
Mayer Brown is a leading global law firm with offices in 26 key business centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. With approximately 200 lawyers in each of the world's three largest financial centres - New York, London and Hong Kong - we are uniquely positioned to advise leading companies and financial institutions on their most complex legal needs. We have deep experience in high-stakes litigation and complex transactions across industry sectors, including our signature strength, the global financial services industry.
We are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realise their greatest potential. We also encourage all our people to use their skills to support the wider community through our pro bono and community volunteering programmes. At Mayer Brown the principles of mutual respect, dignity and understanding are central to the way we work and help to provide an environment where diversity and inclusion are embraced.