Our client is an international, fast-growing Renewable Energy Developer, managing the full-cycle development of renewable energy projects on behalf of investors.
Growth and success in their business means that they are proactively seeking an Engineering Manager to join their London office, to manage their portfolio, which is primarily based in Italy and covers multiple technologies including solar, wind and biomass.
This is not a BD role. You will be responsible for coordinating with a team of 28 experienced multidisciplinary professionals (technical, legal etc) based in Italy, to support them to manage projects through the various development phases, up until 'shovel ready' status.Responsibilities
- Support the development of new renewable energy projects, predominantly in the Italian market
- Review of project documents issued by the internal team and third party
- Technical evaluations of projects by means of dedicated software like AutoCAD, QGIS, PVDesign and PVSyst
- Develop key technical and general relations
- Dealing with ENEL / Terna / authorities, and close interaction with external stakeholders
- Coordination with all the stakeholders involved in the permitting process (local regulator, DNOs, TNOs, municipalities, public authorities) to comply with the regulations
- The activity will concern different areas of technical project development, including connections to the electrical grid, permitting process (Autorizzazione Unica / Valutazione di impatto Ambientale), design of the plants, other activities related to project development
- Project study/feasibility/analysis
- Engineering or other technical degree;
- Experience in development permitting process in Italy (AU/VIA)
- Solid experience in the technical planning and/or development of photovoltaics or wind plants;
- Strong proactive attitude, self-management and team interaction;
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, GIS software (Quantum GIS), Google Earth, PVSyst, PVDesign;
- Language Skills: Fluent Italian and English;
- Driving license and availability to travel from time to time;
- Strong understanding of Italian regulatory framework;
- Solid knowledge of PV and wind technology;
- Availability to move to London (UK).
- 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package;
- Company laptop and phone;
- A flexible benefits scheme;
- Provision of a group pension plan;
Further benefits to be discussed during the interview.