Paysend is a FinTech company looking to change the way that money is moved around the world. Over the past three years we have grown quickly, amassing 2 million customers in over 90 countries, and we are one of the fastest growing money transfer companies in the industry, with over 4,000 new customers per day.
We're looking for an experienced and passionate business leader to head up our operations in the Republic of Ireland and help to drive Paysend as a money transfer provider within the country. You'll be taking charge of Paysend's business activities in Ireland, creating an efficient and motivated team around you who will help to continue our expansion as a business.
For someone to be successful in this role, they will need to draw on their experience to pull different parts of the business together in a streamlined effort, helping Paysend to take a significant share of the Irish money transfer market. You will be the focal point and the beating heartbeat of Paysend in Ireland, and you'll be integral to the global business as a whole, as we continue our journey of rapid growth.What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
- Overall oversight and general management of Paysend in Ireland.
- Monitoring Paysend's compliance with Irish Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act regulations.
- Signing partnerships and other agreements/contracts on behalf of Paysend.
- Hiring and dismissing personnel.
- Signing and filing all official reports including but not limited to tax, compliance and other reports on behalf of Paysend.
- Representing Paysend's interests in all state institutions, organisations and companies.
- Sitting on the Irish entity's board as a director and ensuring the overall management of our Irish operations are compliant, financially sound, and within our licensing responsibilities.
- Building and scaling the teams while being comfortable with resolving conflict, addressing issues, and solving problems in a practical and healthy manner and in a fast-growing environment.
- Ensuring our Irish operations and team members foster a culture of compliance and positive regulatory oversight.
- Building trustworthy relations with key partners i.e. regulators and stakeholders, and acting as a point of contact.
- Managing contracts and relations with customers, vendors, partners and other stakeholders.
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA
- Good first degree in a subject relevant to the FinTech Industry
- Excellent communicator
- Positive and flexible attitude to work, particularly with new initiatives
- Diplomatic in meeting and working with people; good cultural awareness
- Understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities
- Capable of developing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, highly organised
- Proven experience as a CEO or in other managerial position
- Understanding of business functions such as marketing, PR, finance, compliance etc.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Analytical and data driven
- Work experience in payment schemes / bank cards/ FinTech / remittance industry
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organisation
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves
Paysend was born in April 2017 with the vision to change the way people manage their everyday finances. We were the first FinTech company to introduce a global card-to-card transfers to connect 12 billion cards issued by international payment systems: Mastercard, Visa, China Union Pay and local cards schemes. Now with over 2 million customers in more than 90 countries and a 4.8/5 Trustpilot score, Paysend is one of the most popular and trusted online money transfer services in the world.Why Paysend?
We're looking for people who share our passion for innovation, buy into the Paysend ethos and will add value to our team. When you join Paysend, you'll have the chance to grow and develop as the business does.
We believe in empowering people to be successful in their jobs, and we pay them fairly for their expertise. We give everyone the context and tools to operate as business owners, and encourage our people to contribute with their hearts, their minds and their creativity.
In the fast paced FinTech industry the Paysend journey may not always be easy, but our innovation strategy is promising and exciting. We employ the right people to help us steer the business towards success and global influence.
If Paysend sounds like the perfect company for you, we'd love to hear from you!