Brigade Electronics, established in 1976, is at the pinnacle of commercial vehicle and mobile plant safety. A founder and innovator of sensing and monitoring systems that have helped save countless lives across the globe for over forty years.
The Brigade Group organisation is based in the UK and has subsidiary companies in the USA, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands, and Poland, and selling into over 80 countries worldwide via our National Distributor network. Due to maternity break, we are recruiting for an experienced Management Accountant for 14 months fixed term cover.The Purpose of the role:
To provide financial support, control, and reporting expertise for two overseas subsidiaries of Brigade electronics Group Plc (France and Canada).
- Management accounting and ensuring transactional process and payments (suppliers, payroll, sales, and corporation tax) takes place as expected
- Assisting in preparation of annual budgets in liaison with subsidiary manager
- Ensuring annual financial statements are prepared by local accountants that agree to the Monthly Management Accounts ("MMAs")
- Explaining the business performance as shown in MMAs, budgets, and annual accounts to subsidiary managers and other senior managers in the Brigade Group.
- Assisting subsidiary clerical staff in the proper discharge of the accounting process and system usage.
- Under the supervision of the Group Financial Controller, the Management Accountant may also be required to provide cover for the department and assist in the addition of new companies as and when the group expands its portfolio of overseas subsidiaries.
- Maintain accounting records for overseas subsidiaries and monitor related processing performed by the service center.
- Maintain minutes and core documents for given subsidiaries, ensuring proper classification and version control of working files,
- Production of management accounts, budgets, and forecasts for two overseas subsidiary
- Be the first-line liaison with the overseas banks, accountants/auditors, and payroll providers on day-to-day issues for the overseas subsidiary.
- Management Accounts of the subsidiaries.
- Providing financial advice and support to the Country Managers
- Understanding that (and delivery of) the management accounts that should culminate in an auditable year-end result that is not materially different and consequently the ability to prepare audit samples and audit schedules for year-end purposes
- Annual budgets are prepared in accordance with instructions and timetables issued from the HQ
- Monitoring subsidiaries adherence Group Policies and Procedures
- Various ad-hoc assignments as specified by Group Financial Controller
- At least part qualified ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent).
- Excellent understanding of book-keeping and office practice.
- Minimum 3 years in SIMILAR management accounting role.
- Fully familiar with Balance sheets and cash flows (not just P&L accounting)
- Familiar with modern IT based accounting systems.
- Good MS Excel skills, ideally to Vlookup/SUMIF level.
- Able to communicate well across all levels both oral and written.
- Full understanding of the demands on financial management staff.
Please find the full job spec on the career page of our website.
If you have the required skills and experience, please email me your CV with a cover letter telling me why you think you would be a good fit for the role and explain what you can bring into the role.
If you have not heard from me within 3 weeks of supplying your application, then, unfortunately, you have not been successful this time.
***We will not need the support of recruitment agencies at this time***