Fullstack Developer / Full Stack Developer (Python/Django/React/Node)
Remote Working/Central London
6-month contract initially
This is a chance to take a leading role in an exciting field. We're looking for four Full Stack Developers with top class technical and soft skills to help not only write excellent code for our products, but also contribute to the development of junior developers and a positive work culture for everybody. You'll also get to work with committed and talented developers, designers, product specialists and researchers who share a passion for making government better.
This is a contract post for 6 months (inside IR35) with the view to be extended, based in Central London, although the role will be remote working initially.
The successful Full Stack Developer / Fullstack Developer will need strong knowledge of both Django/Django Rest Framework AND Node/React.
What we offer:
A flexible working environment to match your life. Want to work from home? Okay. Want to start early or finish late? Okay. You know how you work best. We want to promote a healthy work life balance where you can get your head down, feel good about putting in a good day's work and then switch off to enjoy life.
What you'll work on:
This role is based in the Data team. Here you'll get the chance to work on a number of exciting projects: using the latest Data Science techniques to find companies with the highest potential to export and invest, bringing together data sets from across government and beyond, and building tools on top of all this that help our staff around the globe work more efficiently. There's also scope to work in one of our other teams if priorities shift.
What you will do:
• Work with our developer communities to share experience and learn from other teams, departments and the wider industry.
• Coach and mentor junior and civil servant developers, sharing your knowledge and expertise
• Write automated tests to support our continuous integration environment
• Support the day-to-day operation of our live services, investigating and fixing bugs and performance issues
What the Full Stack Developer / Fullstack Developer will need:
• Expert knowledge of at least one of:
○ Python, Django, Django Rest Framework
• Expert knowledge of testing, including unit testing, functional testing and end-to-end testing
• Knowledge of agile delivery techniques
• Experience with version control, docker, deployment pipelines, CI/CD and the web ops space in general
• A strong focus on users and iterative development. Knowledge of Government Digital Service standards and methodologies would be a plus.
• Great soft skills. We work in teams, and we'll need you to thrive in a collaborative, communicative environment
Please note, this role is inside of IR35 and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
If this role is of interest, please apply for immediate consideration.