About Hitachi Social Innovation
Hitachi Social Innovation addresses the world's most challenging social and environmental challenges. By focusing on more efficient usage of assets and systems, we extract value to reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call the double bottom line. Combining 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT, we harness Hitachi's broad capabilities in R&D to deliver cutting edge AI and IOT solutions in the core areas of transport, manufacturing and energy.
As part of the Social Innovation team, you will work with a pan-European multidisciplinary team consisting of business development, IT and sector experts to develop new cutting-edge solutions with clients in our core focus areas.
You should be an individual who has a passion for writing code, enjoys tackling problems that are difficult to solve, driven by working as part of small dynamic software engineering teams, is focused on delivering at the highest level of quality, has a meticulous attention to detail, and embraces new technologies, frameworks and development practices with an open mind.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Be a highly adaptable, versatile and dependable member of a highly agile and dynamic software engineering team.
· Develop maintainable, high-quality and scalable microservices.
· Contribute to establishing and maintaining and efficient and collaborative development team.
· Apply a test-driven development approach and be happy to work and take responsibility for any stage within the software development lifecycle as required.
· Work closely with the team's technical and solution leads along with business and partner stakeholders.
· Contribute to the technical architecture of solutions - technology selection, design and documentation.
Skills & Competencies Required
· Bachelor's Degree and / or Masters in a technical subject or equivalent work experience
· Strong Scala development skills with the ability to adapt to new Frameworks
· Strong understanding and experience of using Akka (actors, streams)
· Experience of using Play framework
· Hands on experience with Kinesis or Kafka
· Experience of working with databases (SQL - MySQL, NoSQL - DynamoDB, In-memory - Redis)
· Good knowledge of working within AWS Cloud
· Experience of working with Web technologies (REST, HTTP, JSON, Websockets)
· Being collaborative with good communication skills and flexible to work on different technologies like Java and other frameworks
· Experience in Java would be an advantage
· High energy and passionate individual who inspires teammates to reach their maximum potential
· Embraces a culture of trust, free thought complete transparency
· Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
· Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
· Big Picture Thinking
· Works Well Under Pressure
· Critical Thinking
· Strong Relationship Building skills