As part of our ongoing growth here at Smart, we are now looking to hire an IT Support Manager to help look after our London, Javea, Nashville and near-shore engineering offices.
Covering an organization of approximately 350 people, as part of the Smart IT and Security team, you will primarily manage, but also provide, front-line support for both new starters and existing employees.Disclaimer:
Please note that we start reviewing applications on Monday, 21st September 2020.Primary responsibilities
- Manage a team of 1st/2nd line IT support engineers.
- Ensure resolution of user tickets in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain SLAs, and provide regular reporting.
- Continually assess, and improve efficiency of the service desk - including automation, eliminating frequently occurring issues, provide user self-service information etc.
- Reduce number of tickets referred to escalation team.
- Follow all company security procedures.
- Continually assess all users IT needs and requirements.
- Install and configure IT equipment, software and networks.
- Support, troubleshoot, and repair IT equipment, software and networks.
- Assist setting up new users and help them become familiar with equipment and networks.
- Ensure that compute equipment is fit for purpose and that users are set up according to Health and Safety at work laws.
- Provide support to our remote offices.
- Either a degree or an HND. Qualifications related to IT or Computer Science are preferred.
- Experience of IT Support management.
- Experience of working within an ISMS (ISO27001), and awareness of GDPR regulations.
- Experience with Computers and Networks.
- Experience of working with GSuite - beneficial.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal Communication is a must, you will be dealing with people at all times.
- Problem Solving, Decision Making, Critical Thinking, Teamwork and Attention to detail, are all required.
- Comfortable working under pressure.
- Able to meet goals.
£50,000 - £55,000 Benefits:
As a team
- £500 personal training budget to spend on books, courses, conferences or training materials to help you develop.
- Health Insurance (via EquipsMe) including Dental, Eyecare and EAP.
- Death in Service via Unum (4 x Base Salary).
- Season ticket loans.
- 5 week sabbatical after 5 years.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays. 1 extra day holiday after 2 years and then every year up to a max of 30 days holiday.
- Free nails and barbers once a month.
- Massage twice a month (only £5 for all employees) with the money going to Smart's Charity.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity (maternity - 6 months fully paid / paternity - 3 weeks fully paid).
- Access to PerkBox.
- Access to Smart Rewards.
- Pension scheme via salary sacrifice. Smart Pension will match your contributions up to 5% of your salary.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Smart Pension employees also enjoy a 30% discount on orders from our sister company Arena Flowers, Britain's most ethical florist. They offer unique hand-tied bouquets, luxury flowers, letterbox flowers, plants and gifts to spend on friends and loved ones or even for yourself
Smart Pension is dynamic, exciting and diverse. Pension companies in the past have been slow to adapt to new technology and methods, but with Smart Pension we're changing the world of Pensions and to keep up with it, we look for people who are happy to operate in an ambiguous environment, people who bring ideas to the table but above all, people who deliver software. We look to move forward at pace and we are upbeat and passionate about making things successful!
We're eager to learn and grow. Most of the Engineering team haven't worked in an agile environment and are quickly learning and adapting (and loving the continuous improvement). The team is already highly collaborative, eager to learn and try new things. Most importantly we've also the full backing of the senior management team to put in the right ways of working to suit everyone, to hit our goal of consistency performing engineering team where everyone is happy!
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce, is the most awesome workforce. Over 80% of our Engineering team volunteered their time to be coaches as the recent Rails Girls event - a free workshop aimed at making technology more approachable for women.
We are excited by new ideas, different ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds and approaches. We run hackathons where in 24 hours anyone can build and present new ways of thinking to the senior management team! Test new technologies, try new ideas - we're excited to get your ideas out to the world!
Smart Pension is committed to crafting an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
We're excited for you to make Smart Pension an even more awesome place to work!
At Smart, we're a diverse team, made up of people from different backgrounds, experiences and skills. Our goal is to build great products to help people plan for their financial futures. We're constantly developing new ideas to help people look after their pension schemes, in the UK and abroad. We've grown to a team of over 300 talented people, all dedicated to creating the best experience for our customers. Recently we made it onto Great Places to Work UK's Best Workplaces 2020 at the no.70 spot for medium-sized companies! If you think you can help us build a smarter future, come and work with us.
If you have any questions about how we store your data you can view our updated recruitment data policy.