Job Title: Engineer Product Safety
Location: Barrow in Furness
About the Company:
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world's leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as an Engineer (Product Safety). This role is based in Barrow in Furness.
Within Product Safety function, you will be supporting the Engineering Delivery Organisations in all facets of Product Safety engineering, throughout all stages of Life Cycle Management. As an Engineer within this department you will be responsible for production of safety documentation, carrying out safety analysis, providing the Engineering Delivery Manager with technical data/advice relevant to equipment, procedures and standards in support of the Whole Boat Safety Cases.
These roles will provide you with the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of safety management as well as safety case production. This includes safety requirements capture and management, hazard identification and analysis, hazard data management, application of ALARP principle, creation/maintenance of safety documentation and continuous improvement of the safety management system. Alongside continuous online, in house training, this exposure to all aspects of the function will help you to grow and develop within the department.
- Producing Safety documentation, as delegated by line management, in accordance with relevant project and programme plans, under direct supervision
- Assisting line management in undertaking project Safety analysis to help plan work efficiently, providing project status and identifying risks and mitigation features
- Providing advice and information to departments, organisations and/or stakeholders on issues related to the Safety Justification
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Enhanced annual leave allowance
- Company contributed Share Incentive Plan
- In house, continual, online training
- Annual Incentive-subject to availability
- Flexible working
- Employee Assistance programme
- Local and national employee discounts
Skills and Qualifications:
- Science Technology Engineering Mathematics (STEM) Degree or equivalent qualification and/or experience within an Engineering background
- You will be self-motivated and have the ability to work unsupervised and still meet tight deadlines. At the same time you will have excellent communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with the wider team when required. The ability influence others, whilst putting forward clear, concise and credible reasoning to support judgements
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you're looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team...
Aeropeople's expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.