Quality Test Engineer III - Automation - Cardiff Ref. R8736 Overview
LexisNexis is seeking a Quality Test Engineer with a background in both manual and automated testing to join our Cardiff based development teams. Our teams are collaborative, forward thinking and agile. We support multiple products with a challenging and exciting set of features and provide real opportunity for our teams to contribute to the success of the organisation.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their knowledge of automation using Postman, Cucumber and other tools (or to make significant use of them if they already possess experience) while also being required to contribute to the team's manual testing requirements. Company Description
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is a leading provider of innovative solutions for significant risk data analytics challenges. We use the power of data and advanced analytics to help our customers make better, timelier decisions. Our innovative solutions enable organisations to manage risks like identity theft, fraud, money laundering and terrorism and prevent ﬁnancial crimes and scams. By bringing clarity to information, we ultimately help make communities safer, insurance rates more accurate, commerce more transparent, business decisions easier and processes more efﬁcient.
LexisNexis is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers
As a Quality Test Engineer, you will be a leading member of our team, planning test approaches, designing, writing and executing tests. You will enjoy working in a friendly environment and benefit from our investment in staff. Main Responsibilities
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Creating automated tests for new features and maintaining existing automation packs
- Carrying out functional and regression testing, both manual and automated.
- Contributing to the effective design of new features and solutions
- Integrating existing and new automated regression tests into GitLab CI/CD
- Working as one team with the product owner, project management and other product development teams to deliver high quality products and enhancements.
- We will help you learn how to use our big data platform - HPCC - through a combination of training courses, self-learning and peer support
- Passionate collaborator with a focus on what is best for the team (both immediate and the wider group)
- Capable and enthusiastic technologist, able to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge.
- Good quality assurance (QA) experience
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies
- Strong knowledge of the software development process
- Ability to develop and execute automated tests using tools such as Cucumber or Postman (or able to demonstrate suitable transferrable skills)
- Experience in automating execution of test packs using CI/CD tools, such as GitLab and Jenkins.
- Working experience in Kanban or Scrum (or in lieu of this, clear understanding of the methodologies and enthusiasm to be part of such a team).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Clear focus on the customer, both internal and external.
Why would you want to work for us?
- Experience working with large volumes of data
- Experience working with databases such as MySQL, Oracle or SQL Server
- Experience using test management tools such as JIRA
- A working knowledge of source code management tools like GIT and SVN
About LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- The opportunity to work on a full range of challenging and interesting technologies and help to conquer some of the next generation of problems in risk data analytics.
- Get to make a real difference to our customers and society.
- Join a growing, diverse and sociable team of talented Engineers who enjoy regular team building, games nights, quizzes and dedicated time for innovation.
- Enjoy virtual Yoga and workout classes.
- Help us to continually evolve and modernise our Technology stack.
- We're a superb company to work for, with great people, world class technology, market leading products, a culture of innovation and collaboration, and superb career prospects
- At LexisNexis Risk Solutions, we believe in the power of data and advanced analytics for better risk management. With over 40 years of expertise, we are the trusted data analytics provider for organizations seeking actionable insights to manage risks and improve results while upholding the highest standards for security and privacy. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, LexisNexis Risk Solutions serves customers in more than 100 countries and is part of FTS 100, RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries
- LexisNexis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age