Position: Technical Superintendent (Heavy Transport Carriers)
Location: United Kingdom - Glasgow
Annual Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits (Pension plan etc) to be discussed at full interview stage.
Working Location: Office based with expectation of worldwide travel for vessel inspections / repair works.
We are currently searching for a Technical Superintendent to add to our team.
Candidates must be good team workers and have a drive for continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have several years' experience as technical superintendent with semi-submersible heavy transport carriers and served on board as 1st assistant engineer / chief engineer or equivalent relevant qualifications. The role of the Technical superintendent consists of being part of a highly motivated group, and is responsible for all aspects of technical management of assigned vessels and to contribute to a reliable, safe and cost effective operation.
• Manage day-to-day technical operation and performance of assigned vessels
• Monitor and control running cost budgets to meet goals
• Identify areas for improvements, evaluate and improve vessel performance
• Monitor and ensure compliance with statutory, class and other third party requirements
• Supervise and report repairs
• Manage all phases of the dry-docking process from initial planning to completion
Due to the requirements of the job, the successful candidate will be expected to live within reasonable travelling distance of Glasgow.
Applicants must hold the current, full and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK.