Working Location: Beijing/Guangzhou/Shanghai, China
UFH is one of the first and largest foreign-invested healthcare providers in China and also the first JCI accredited hospital network in China. Founded in 1997, we have rapidly expanded our comprehensive healthcare provider network, currently with 7 hospitals and 14 clinics in Beijing, Tianjin, Qingdao, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Guangzhou, and Bo'ao in Hainan.
If you believe that you have the passion that is born of the hope to make an impact, United Family Healthcare should be your next career move.
If you view yourself as an Innovative, Caring, Accountable person with a Respectful attitude and strong aspiration to pursue Excellence, you are the talent UFH is looking for.
By joining our team, you will be a part of the exciting transformation of the healthcare system in China. Join UFH, together we make the world a healthier place!
• Patient care
• Take history and perform physical exams assessments and treatment of patients in the Emergency Department (including urgent, emergent, and non-urgent presentation)
• Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as deemed necessary and appropriate for plan of care.
• Define/document differential diagnoses and list differential diagnoses with most likely diagnosis indicated. Document adequately for communication with future care givers and to allow appropriate billing.
• Assist in billing and coding functions
• Participate in education and training including medical and nursing staff.
• Participate in hospital administrative functions as appropriate including membership on at least one committee
• Participate in community events coordinated by Beijing United Family Hospital
• Follow bylaws and policy and procedure of Beijing United Family Hospital.
Basic Qualifications (Education and Experience)
• Medical degree from a recognized medical school
• Current medical registration in the applicant's home country
• Between 3 and 5 years of Emergency Medicine experience at an accredited Emergency Department, with suitable references.
• Successful application for local a Chinese license in Emergency Medicine (UFH will provide full assistance with this process)
• Experience logs, appraisals and other evidence of structured training.
• Successful completion of a suitable residency programme in Emergency Medicine
• A specialist Emergency Medicine Qualification (e.g. US or Canadian Board Certification, UK or Irish FRCEM, Australian or NZ ACEM, or similar)
Knowledge and Skills
• Has the necessary skills and experience to examine, diagnose, and treat illnesses and injuries in the acute care setting for both the adult and pediatric population.
• Provides immediate diagnosis and resuscitation care for life-threatening conditions, and directs the provision of such care in the prehospital setting as that is possible.
• Provides diagnosis and care on the basis of medical history, physical examination, and diagnostic tests.
• Provides supportive care to patients with serious medical and surgical conditions until the care of that patient can be assumed by the appropriate specialist for that condition.
• Provides definitive or interim care for conditions that, while not life-threatening, cause discomfort or risk of worsening or can be taken care of in that visit.
• Has the experience and training to justify medical staff certification in the standard emergency department procedures.
• A knowledge base equivalent to an internationally accredited Emergency Physician.