The Financial Analyst role sits within the FP&A (Forecasting Planning and Analysis) finance team providing analysis, challenge and commercial support to the business to improve business performance and aid decision making. The role is a key part of the team partnering a business with c.£150m turnover and 16 sites across multiple countries throughout EMEA and needs to effectively influence upwards to their key contacts/stakeholders which includes the UK site management team, UK Finance Manager, and EMEA FD.Job Requirements
Reporting & Controls
- Produce variance analysis and commentary between Actuals, Plan and Forecasts.
- Understand and explain the causes for large variances and challenge with the site team.
- Develop value adding reporting and review processes and procedures to ensure efficiency and timeliness of information and deliver additional insight.
- Own commercial reporting for the UK General Manager to help identify sales trends and ensure any risk is minimised /opportunity maximised.
Forecasting & planning
- Own the yearly plan and forecast processes to ensure delivery of a rigorous, insightful output.
- Work hand in hand with UK site managers and cost centre managers to deliver a bottom-up budget that the business buys in to and owns.
- Key point of contact for the UK Management Team
- Gain buy in from operational managers and become a credible part of the UK commercial and operations teams as well as an integral part of the finance team.
- Further development of cost centre reporting and ownership of the numbers away from finance to the relevant cost centre managers.
- Finance lead on projects to deliver efficiencies and be seen as a real partner to the business.
- Supporting the UK business, providing analysis, challenge and commercial support to improve business performance and aid decision making.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and ensure they are driven through to completion.
You should have the following skills, experience and/or qualifications:
*Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be requested at interview.*
- Previous experience within a finance role.
- Experience of working in fast paced, dynamic environments.
- Experience of working with stakeholders of differing levels of seniority up to and including directors.
- Comfortable using numerous accounting packages with a good understanding of systems
- Ability to demonstrate Influencing skills across colleagues of differing levels, both internal & external to finance
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Proactive in identifying areas of improvement and working on own initiative.
- Highly organised / structured approach, with the ability to co-ordinate a large number tasks simultaneously to achieve high quality results in required timescales.
- Ability to quickly identify the underlying root cause / principles of a situation.
- Comfortable working cross-functionally in areas outside own area of expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence people at all levels within the business.