We have an opening for a Mammographer to join the team at our flagship centre based in Windsor
As the mammographer you will be responsible for supporting the breast clinics to detect breast tissue abnormalities by completing mammographic imaging studies, presenting them for diagnosis.Key areas for the role will be:
- Support all aspects of the pathway of every patient receiving diagnostic imaging and intervention in the centre
- Work in the different imaging areas of the GenesisCare treatment centre within the individual's area of competence, so that all operational objectives and standards are achieved, and the reputation of GenesisCare for exceptional service and outcomes is maintained at all times
We are continuing to extensively expand our presence within the UK and are a highly entrepreneurial, fast moving, well-funded private healthcare company leading the way in oncology. Are you looking to work for a company that thinks differently?
- Innovation every day - we test and reset the boundaries and are leading the way in technology and innovation.
- We encourage and promote our employees Bravery to have a go. We dare to make ideas happen, to make the impossible a reality.
GenesisCare knows that we achieve more together than apart, so we share, listen, and work as one. We believe in Partnership, inside and out
- It's is in our DNA that we show Empathy for all so we can to understand the needs, emotions and ambitions of patients and each other to succeed as a team and individually and to offer our patients the best outcome and service.
Like the sound of us? We would love to hear from you!Who we are:
GenesisCare are a global provider of 5000 highly trained healthcare professionals and support staff designing innovative treatments and care for people with cancer and heart disease. Located in the United Kingdom, Spain, China, the United States and is Australia's largest provider of cancer and cardiac services.
Across the world, we have more than 440 centres to help us bring you the right care. For radiation therapy, that includes 14 centres in the UK, 21 in Spain, 36 in Australia and 300 in the U.S. We also offer cardiology and sleep services at more than 80 locations across Australia. Every year our team sees more than 400,000 people. In the UK, our new site strategy is to grow to 20 centres over the next 3 years.
Our purpose is to design care experiences that get the best possible life outcomes. To give you high-quality care that's available where and when you need it and is tailored to your particular needs. Care that helps you get on with your life and do the things that are important to you. We do this by approaching care like nobody else. We believe that care should be focused on the individual, not the condition, and are proud of our world-class patient satisfaction ratings. Our combined purpose is to provide excellence in patient care, deliver superior clinical outcomes and to continue to make a very significant impact on the current service-access gap in these non-discretionary areas of health care globally.
In the UK, we have state-of-the-art centres in Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Chelmsford, Elstree, Guildford, London, Maidstone, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Oxford, Portsmouth, Southampton and Windsor.You would be responsible for:
What do you have that we want?Experience and Skills:
- Greeting patients by confirming patient identification; reviewing imaging request; checking for special instructions; confirming anticipated service with patients.
- Gain patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of imaging procedures; explaining equipment; answering questions.
- Conduct mammography study by positioning breasts; adjusting compression mechanisms; instructing patient to hold breath; retreating to lead protected area; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors; activating equipment to take image; releasing compression mechanisms; preparing for next positioning and view.
- Minimize radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques.
- Maintain production and quality of mammograms by following established standards and procedures; developing mammograms; observing mammogram results; determining necessary adjustments for optimum results; retaking mammograms as required; forwarding completed studies to radiologist for interpretation.
- Ensure operation of mammography equipment by completing preventive maintenance; instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories.
- Keep mammography supplies and patient drapes ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; collecting and processing laundry.
- Documents patient mammogram services by completing patient record charting.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Able to demonstrate post-qualification experience
- Experience in/understanding of UK diagnostic radiography
- Desirable - Varied experience within all aspects of radiography; general/CT/MRI/US
- Evidence of effective staff liaison and co-operative working
- Evidence of empathetic and a holistic approach to patient care
- Experience in private health sector
- Experience with resolving complaints satisfactorily
- Some knowledge of report writing
- Evidence of effective organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Able to make independent judgments/decisions, ability to solve problems
- Able to work flexibly to achieve GenesisCare business objectives
- Able to act as a trainer and mentor for new/more junior staff
Remuneration & Benefits
- DCR (T) or BSc (Hons) in Radiography (or equivalent)
- HCPC registration
- Evidence of continuing professional development
We reward and recognise people who perform their work in a way that is aligned to GenesisCare's mission and values and that contribute to GenesisCare's growth. To help us attract and retain people with the right skills we aim to pay competitively in the medical and technology markets.
Our benefits include family/flexible working, 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays, Buying/selling of annual leave =/- 5 days, Free Private medical cover, Free Private Dental Cover, Free Radiotherapy Treatment for employee and family, Company contributory pension scheme, Employee Assistance Programme & Income Protection and working for a Global employer with opportunity to work in other countries.What to expect from our recruitment process
We believe in putting in the effort to find the people who will share our success. We strive to select the right people for each role based on evidence. If you think you have what it takes to help us remain at the top of our game, then apply now by clicking on apply!
GenesisCare does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of GenesisCare. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.Closing date
: 20th July 2020 (This date will be reviewed and may change depending on the number of applications received)Salary
: Up to £45,000 + regional weighting allowance and benefits