About The Role
Magdalene operates as a Telecommunication Infrastructure Services Company and is part of the Telecom Division of M Group Services. Covering the full network lifecycle, we deliver Managed Services and Projects for both fixed and mobile infrastructure networks across the operator and utility markets.
We are looking for an Electrician to be part of our Installation & Commissioning team.
Telecoms experience is essential for this role as you will be assigned to telecoms project work across the UK, working on a variety of equipment for various vendors.
Some activities will take place overnight, therefore flexibility and ability to travel is a requirement for this role.What will you be doing?
Your role is based in our wider Field Services team and will report into our Electrical Supervisor. You will support project deliveries and will be required to work collaboratively with our Network Operations Centre, Logistics Team and our Project Management Office.What will your key responsibilities be?
- Installation of DC racks, batteries and rectifiers
- Completion of site surveys
- Installation, testing and certification of AC & DC systems
- AC & DC cabling
- Fault finding on a range of activities
You will also be required to commission equipment, connect and test ADAMs alarms working with Huawei ISDP software. Training can be provided on these tasks, however previous experience would be desirable.What competencies are we looking for?
What qualifications are we looking for?
- Willingness to work nationwide on a mix of day and night work
- The ability to adapt to a fast paced environment
- Positive can do attitude, with the ability to act on and deliver all required tasks, promptly and efficiently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Emergency first aid at work
- Asbestos awareness
- Manual handling
- IOSH working safely
- City and Guilds 2391 - Inspect & Test
- 18th Edition
About The CompanyWhy choose us?
We promise development and reward opportunities for those who have the passion, enthusiasm and work ethic to harness them. Our benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave
- Access to our staff discount portal
- Enrolment into our pension plan
- Free flu jabs each October
- Group life assurance
As a member of the Disability Confident Scheme
we welcome applications from individuals who consider themselves as having a disability or long-term health condition. Please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to aid your application and recruitment process.
As a silver award holder under the Armed Forces Employer Recognition Scheme
, we are interested to hear from candidates who are currently serving in the military who may wish to transition to a civilian Job. We also welcome applications from Reservists, Cadet Forces Adult Volunteers, ex-forces personnel and military spouses / partners.