Our client is seeking an experienced individual who must be ACCA qualified to join their welcoming team on permanent basis working within a Semi-Senior Accounts Associate role. Reporting directly to the Head of Accounts , this person will sit in-between the Head of Accounts and the Accounts Associates.
This is an exciting and challenging role offering variety and exposure to all aspects of client accounting, including preparation of financial statements and quarterly management accounts. You will also be responsible for reviewing other team members work. Working with a variety of clients in different industry sectors you will have a key role in the successful running of the accounts department.
Salary is between £28,000 - £34,000 and is based on experience held.
This is a full time position working 37 hours, Monday-Friday. Please note that parking is not available onsite however there is parking in the area and the office is accessible via public transport.
* Reviewing accounts and VAT returns prepared by the accounts team and dealing with any queries both with your team and clients arising from those reviews and preparations.
* Preparation of annual accounts for Limited companies, Sole Traders, Partnerships and LLPs for review
* Prepare quarterly management accounts
* Preparation of corporation tax computations
* Co-ordinate agreed timeframe with clients for accounts production
* Clearing review points on year end accounts and completing for final review
* Quarterly preparation and review of VAT/bookkeeping
* Liaise with clients, HMRC and Companies House & deal with general queries
* Undertake such other duties that may be considered reasonable by the Directors, Accounts Manager and the post holder
Key competencies required:
* Initiative - adopts a pro-active approach in addressing immediate opportunities or problems with the ability to look beyond immediate operational requirements to address longer-term issues.
* Concern for quality - recognises the importance of procedures and standards maintaining accurate records, consistently strives to produce work of a high standard.
* Focus on service - anticipates, meets and exceeds the needs and expectations of clients and colleagues. Is able to anticipate client concerns and needs to identify practical solutions. Takes responsibility to follow up enquires and requests.
* Honesty and consistency - demonstrates open, honest and ethical behaviour in all dealings with clients, colleagues and other contacts, reflecting the highest standards of integrity.
* Teamwork - work co-operatively and supportively with colleagues developing positive, open working relationships in order to solve problems and achieve business goals. Integral to be part of an exciting team and integrate with peers and senior management.
* Flexibility and change - able to adapt and respond to a variety of situations and people in order to meet changing priorities in the role and in the organisation as a whole. Recognise need for flexibility, embrace and deliver change whilst remaining effective.
* Drive for results - takes action to achieve goals or targets, strives for continuous improvement, actively pursuing opportunities to make services and work practices more efficient and effective.
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our website.