Opportunity for an ambitious Systems Engineer with an expanding space company based near Oxford. This is an exciting role with a rapidly growing start up offering the opportunity to be involved with ground breaking work in a highly skilled team of fellow engineers.Key duties:
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Development of spacecraft mission and system design including requirements derivation and CONOPS definition.
- Performing mission analysis and modelling of spacecraft missions.
- Trade-off and control platform systems budgets e.g. mass, power, data, fuel.
- Production of mission-level test and verification plans.
- Production of mission-level FMECA, FTA and FDIR.
- Performing rapid feasibility studies into different scenarios and architectures.
- Assisting with bid work, providing technical solutions and documentation.
- Maintaining configuration control of systems work and documentation.
- Knowledge of the systems and project engineering lifecycle from requirements definition through to verification, including experience of leading or planning for project review gates in satellite engineering e.g. SRR, PDR, CDR, etc.
- Experience in mission and systems architecture definition and CONOPS, especially understanding of both space and ground segment interaction.
- Experience in phase-0 or feasibility studies in satellite engineering where many solutions may be traded off in a rapid timeframe.
- Good knowledge of a range of subsystems & engineering teams including: GNC (AOCS, ADCS), astrodynamics, C&DH / OBDH, EPS, RCS (propulsion), COM (communications), software, ground segment & operations.
- Experience in the development of systems engineering documentation working with a Project Manager as needed: requirements, CONOPS, review gate materials, test and verification plans / procedures, DDVP, ICDs, equipment lists, FMECA & FTAs
- Knowledge of the AIT process: manufacture, assembly, functional and environmental testing.
To be part of our clients unique and exciting journey into space, please apply today!
Contact the team at Bond Williams Recruitment in Oxford to discuss this opportunity in further detail.
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency