Commercial Account Handler - Insurance Broker£20,000 - £24,000Redhill, Surrey
KESS Insurance Recruitment are working with a small independent broker seeking a commercial account handler looking to further their career in the industry, with key responsibilities including full-cycle management of an existing book of clients and new business development with support from the company.
My client is a close-knit team with various levels of experience and expertise from across the industry. They want to continue to develop and grow the company with input from all members of staff, and this includes you. The role is focussed on managing existing accounts and familiarising yourself with their processes. They will also offer support in developing your own book of business.
A proactive individual will find this role highly rewarding with the following responsibilities:Full-cycle servicing of an existing portfolio of SME & mid-market clients, including:
New business development based on your interests, including:
- Negotiating terms with underwriters
- Ensuring adequacy of cover and accuracy of policy documents
- Processing renewals and resolving any queries raised by clients in a friendly manner
- Processing any mid-term adjustments
- Maintaining positive client and insurer relations, including site visits and networking
- Provision of support on claims processing where necessary
- Agreement and implementation of a new business plan
- Development and growth of your own book of business
- Responsibility and accountability for your clients
- Lead generation and administrative support from the company where required
- Familiarity with core commercial insurance products
- Minimum 1 years' industry experience
The ideal candidate will have in excess of 1 years' experience in a cross-class account handling role and will be motivated to develop and be responsible for their own book of business.
Whilst broader technical knowledge and experience in a similar role within commercial insurance will be beneficial, we are mainly looking for an energetic, motivated individual keen on developing their career as far as possible. Full support and training will be provided where required.
CII qualifications beneficial but not required. They are keen to provide support to individuals looking to undertake their studies.
If this exciting role is of interest, please send your CV to the KESS Insurance Recruitment using the links provided.