Cawingredients is a leading soft drinks manufacturer based in North Yorkshire. The Role:
As an IT Technician you will be expected to provide both first- and second-line support to business end users on a variety of assets, applications and general issues that will occur throughout any given day. Including PCs, laptops, tablets, handheld terminals, and printers.
This role will be busy and varied and will incorporate day to day technical support and project activities. The role provides a varying workload in a fast-paced environment, as such the ability to deliver quality solutions in a timely manner is key to success.
Taking responsibility and ownership of all IT Issues as the first point of contact and escalating to Senior IT colleagues or 3rd party suppliers as appropriate and seeking delivery of resolution or fulfilment of service requests in a timely manner in an extremely fast paced environment
It is essential that you have had experience and an understanding of;
- IT Best Practice
- PC Imaging
- Software Deployment
- IT Auditing Software
- Laptop Encryption
- Mobile and IP Telephony
- Basic Infrastructure Experience
- Provide 1st & 2nd Line Support to End Users across the full range of the Caw IT estate.
- Routine checks and monitoring to ensure systems are operating effectively
- Organisation of IT Stock and ownership of Requests/Incidents
- Liaise with IT suppliers regarding Requests/Incidents as appropriate.
- Implement solutions based on the projects that are assigned to you.
- Be proactive and propose improvements to the end user computer environment.
The Ideal Candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong technical experience in the areas of end user computing and service delivery.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with IT users at all levels and IT suppliers
- Managing a busy workload of multiple and varied activities simultaneously.
- Balancing the workload of day to day tasks alongside project activities
- Continually learning and developing IT skills in both new and existing areas of knowledge
- Be customer focussed to ensure prompt, high quality IT support is available to the business when required
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with a clear telephone manner.
- Flexible and willing to work out of hours from time to time
- Awareness of up to date IT technology developments and trends.