We are working on behalf of one of the UK's most respected private hospital providers, and currently have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse to treat surgical patients on the Ward, based at their prestigious private hospital in North London.
Duties of the Staff Nurse:
* To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the nursing team.
* To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
* To assist senior staff & managers in their management of clinical departments and to provide effective leadership and management in their absence.
* To provide safe and effective care of patients without direct supervision.
* To plan, implement and evaluate plans of patient care.
* To ensure that own nursing practice is in accordance with hospital policies and guidelines and that professional practice is in accordance with the NMC Code.
* To supervise unregistered members of staff i.e. Healthcare Assistants, and ensure that tasks delegated to them are appropriate for delegation and that completion of tasks is monitored.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Nurse with up to date knowledge of acute medicine/surgery and have excellent communication skills