Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to play a pivotal role in driving our future direction and delivering our ambitions? We are looking for an experienced Legal Support Admin Assistant working on a full time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £16,844 - £19,816 per annum.
Halton Housing has a dedicated in-house legal team who support the business by initiation legal action for arrears and other tenancy breaches/issues. The department is a key part of the debt management function in Halton Housing and work collaboratively with other roles in this part of the business. This role sits within the team to ensure that the administration is of the highest standard and helps the department to maximise any action taken and ensuring the team are working to their highest potential.
The Legal Support Admin Assistant role:
This role is instrumental in ensuring that the department runs as effectively and efficiently as possible. The debt recovery and housing management legal service needs to run in line with Halton Housing policies and procedures and as such an attention to detail is vital. The Legal Support Administrative Assistant provides comprehensive support and administration services to the Legal team.
The role will document and record the outcomes of all action in an accurate and timely manner and in keeping with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This will include recording on Halton Housing's management system, QL, the quality of this information will enable all parties to undertake their roles efficiently.
What will you be doing as our Legal Support Admin Assistant?
- Provide an accurate, efficient, and effective service to assist the Legal Support Team with letters, booking venues for interviews, preparation of court papers, witness statements and other documentation to meet all legal requirements.
- Administer the legal process for meeting requirements in gas and electrical access procedure, including making decisions on elevating cases to the next legal stage, supporting the Legal Support Officers in instructing solicitors to apply to court for an Injunction to ensure Halton Housing's statutory obligations are met.
- Ensure that the outcome of all action taken is recorded on our Housing Management system QL and maintain any relevant spreadsheets, to maximise efficiently.
- Maintain accurate records, analyse & query data to ensure accuracy of information and provide performance monitoring information as requested.
- Offer general advice to customers signposting to other colleagues for more detailed information and response.
- To monitor PICOL (possession claims online) regarding evictions liaise with HH colleagues, appointed bailiffs in relation to arranging and confirming eviction orders.
- Maintain accurate records, analyse & query data to ensure accuracy of information and provide performance monitoring information as required.
What are we looking for in our Legal Support Admin Assistant?
- Excellent Communication Skills both written and verbal.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as ability to work with minimum supervision to ensure tasks are completed.
- Understanding of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Experience of working under pressure and evidence of prioritising workload of self to meet performance targets and deadlines.
- Demonstrable skills through experience of the ability to communicate at all levels with both internal and external partners.
It's exciting times at Halton... come and be a part of it!
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity, click 'Apply' now to find out more about the Legal Support Admin Assistant position.
Closing date for applications: Monday 21st September at 9am